PDA

View Full Version : HEATER BLOWER not working PLEASE HELP

Q7quattro
10-02-2017, 07:59 PM
started ignition drove of turned on fan to get air into cabin and no air being blown out of any of the vents.

plugged VCDS in when I got home and No Fault found on the Module (I have 2 zone air conditioning , no LED display , just the dials)

Ran all the tests on the module which VCDS allows you to do and everything is fine , including the test which blows air out of the vents so I know the fan motor is working , tested opening and closing of all vents - fully working Etc.

Rebooted MMI , turned of ignition left it 30 minutes and .......turned on ignition and still nothing , no air what so ever coming out of the vents despite turning the fan dial up to max (the LEDS light up as you turn the dial)

PLEASE HELP, WRong time of year to have the blowers not working

FLAPPERJACK76
10-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Probably the resistor. Changed one the other day. This resistor is fitted to many vag models and is notoriously bad. To be honest the blower motors aren't the best either. Take the glovebox out and you will see it. If you end up fitting genuine parts and have to change the blower and the resistor your looking at about £350 iirc. The resistor is about £80 from the dealer's and there are loads on ebay from £30 there's also a company on ebay who will repair your old resistor. ..which is a good indication of how common failure of the resistor is. Good luck with it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

FLAPPERJACK76
10-02-2017, 08:54 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170210/dc93836a494b0da5e384db63da1dcfee.jpg

FLAPPERJACK76
10-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Looks like this and you only need basic tool's to do it. Philips screwdriver and torx screwdrivers. Only other thing is that when you remove the glovebox you have to diconnect the airbag isolator switch so you might have to clear fault code's in 15 airbag afterwards to get rid of airbag light that might have appeared on the dash.

FLAPPERJACK76
10-02-2017, 09:49 PM
The fella who's I fixed the other week said that Audi had quoted him £1100 Inc vat. (He brought his own parts and I only charged him £50 for checks and fitting.

Q7quattro
10-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Probably the resistor. Changed one the other day. This resistor is fitted to many vag models and is notoriously bad. To be honest the blower motors aren't the best either. Take the glovebox out and you will see it. If you end up fitting genuine parts and have to change the blower and the resistor your looking at about £350 iirc. The resistor is about £80 from the dealer's and there are loads on ebay from £30 there's also a company on ebay who will repair your old resistor. ..which is a good indication of how common failure of the resistor is. Good luck with it.

many thx FLAPPERJACK76 for the info it's very much appreciated :beerchug:

BTW , if you like The Professionals , Bodie and Doyle etc , I've got a Twitter page dedicated to the series , I'm involved with writing a book about the show, I've interviewed 80+ actors that appeared in the series , my Twitter ID is @ci5bdc , if you are not on Twitter just type my @ci5bdc into Google and it will be at the top of the page

(hope ok to post this as not Audi related)

FLAPPERJACK76
10-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Mate. ...I love the professionals. ..seriously it's my ringtone. Recently watched all the series. The episode in the bowling hall was filmed in Hemel Hempstead where I went as a kid. I will check it out.

Q7quattro
10-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Mate. ...I love the professionals. ..seriously it's my ringtone. Recently watched all the series. The episode in the bowling hall was filmed in Hemel Hempstead where I went as a kid. I will check it out.

the ep you mentioned is STAKE OUT , let me know if u want any info about the series(locations , dates of filming , actors interviewed etc) - send me a PM

Q7quattro
11-02-2017, 09:37 PM
FLAPPERJACK76 , used car this morning and blower now working thankfully! Must of had a funny five , will keep an eye.

FLAPPERJACK76
12-02-2017, 01:37 AM
No worries. Think it will play up again but you know what to do when it does.