PDA

View Full Version : Important Audi A6 2012 S Line

schahzeb
10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Hi guys,

I've been noticing slight vibration in first gear when i am just about to release the clutch completely . It is very minimal when the engine is cold but does it more often and can be felt by person sitting on passenger side when the engine is warm. It only does it in first gear. Would anyone know where the fault would be guys?

bbrown1664
10-02-2017, 01:26 PM
If its near the biting point on the clutch it could be a few things

1. Completely normal given its a torquey diesel
2. knackered dual mass flywheel
3. engine mounts

Anyone can have a guess but they would need to see/feel it to work it out.

schahzeb
10-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Thanks bbrown1664, just been to mechanic and he said it could be flywheel and would cost around £800 to £900 for replacement but he said it's minimal (as he checked it when engine was cold) so wouldn't bother replacing it unless it is really affecting me. With this said i recently bought the car end of November and has 3 months AA warranty which runs out end of this month. The mechanic said AA won't cover wear and tear warranty so would i be best speaking to the dealer or you think it would be waste of time and the liability doesn't fall any of them?

Thanks in advance.

If its near the biting point on the clutch it could be a few things

1. Completely normal given its a torquey diesel
2. knackered dual mass flywheel
3. engine mounts

Anyone can have a guess but they would need to see/feel it to work it out.

bbrown1664
10-02-2017, 02:03 PM
As you can kill a brand new clutch in an hour with significant abuse, I would suspect the dealer will not entertain stumping up for that as it is a consumable item.
With a different style of driving the dealer would say the clutch could have lasted years and you have no way of proving that he is wrong. I would say, don't waste your energy trying that route.