PDA

View Full Version : Evening all

Warbirdrestorer
05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
I've always loved Audi's ,had a couple of 5 cylinder 80 Quattro's back in the mid 80s and loved them but yearned for the widebody but sadly I was too young and they were too expensive . so recently I thought I would treat myself to another Audi so I bought a 1999 A6 widebody v8 Quattro last week after many years of wanting another Quattro . I picked it up yesterday and drove approximately 65 trouble free miles with a grin from ear to ear until I was about 7 miles from home when I stopped to get some fuel when I restarted the gearbox went into safe mode all I had was 3rd and reverse ,this morning I put my obd2 scanner on thinking there would be some codes and no codes were found , I can't understand it because for 65 miles it drove perfect . The car is 1999 v8 with full service history done 135k in excellent condition I'm absolutely heartbroken and Im now thinking I've made a big mistake ,can anyone shed any light on the problem

Thanks Roy

Sciroccorrado
06-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Hi there, welcome on-board. These guys seem a friendly bunch, so I'm sure somebody might be able to help.

stuart
25-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the site :)