PDA

View Full Version : Door glass shattered

DPlax
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Outside lane of the M25 on a busy Friday afternoon doing around 60-65mph and an almighty bang and the passenger door glass is completely shattered. Luckily no-one was in the passenger seat.
Car is SE Business 2.0 DSG estate with around 8300 miles only.
Any ideas what could have caused it?
Got to wait 5 days for new glass to be delivered and fitted.

zollaf
04-02-2017, 05:10 PM
could just be a fault in the glass, it happens. could have been a stone hit it. one friend of mine had this happen many years ago in a mini, put it down to bad luck, until he found a .22 rimfire bullet in the back years later. i had it happen in a discovery, scared the craop outta me. never did find the cause.

UMEL
04-02-2017, 06:09 PM
A stone, bolt, nut, rock, shackle, shackle pin meteorite just about anything off a vehicle or on a flat bed lorry.

BenR
06-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Have you double-crossed anybody shady in business recently?

gamichea
05-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Had this many years ago with the rear screen of a 2000 Audi A6. Car was parked on our drive and heard an almighty bang and went out to find the rear screen crazed all over like an old fashioned toughened windscreen but still in place. I thought I had heard a stone strike coming up the M11 the previous evening. The glass fitter confirmed there can be a considerable delay before breakage occurs. In my case the car was heating up in the sunshine as the day progressed. The fitter said you'll be glad your insurance is paying these are £450 - 10+ years ago!