PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI - Overfueling issue/Running rich

dannyb13
04-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Hi all,

just as an outline a few parts that have been changed on the car (from oldest the newest)

RAM Air high flow inlet fitted when i got the car
3" Decat System
New DV Valve (OME) <-- fixed a lot off issues i was having when i bought the car
Shortly after (a week or so started gradually Overfueling and getting worse, to today where enough is enough and a 8 mile round trip to work and back is costing £10 in fuel)
New PCV Valve (None OME)
New MAF (OME)
New Thermostat (OME)
New Temp Sensor (OME)
GFB DV+ (bought this as i thought the DV had split again but hadn't)
New PVC Valve (OME)

(have a new set of plugs to fit)

so i've got a Overfueling problem and cant seem to get to the bottom of.
i've trawled though VCDS to look for problems. i started at looking at the fuel trim values

additive is at about -5.5% (taking fuel away it idle)
and
multiplicative is at about +10.8% (adding fuel at hight revs)

But i dont believe the additive figure at idle, outside of the car on you can smell unburnt fuel so bad it literally stings your eyes!!
on throttle lift off you can here the exhaust burbling excessively (unburnt fuel in the exhaust)

i have 2 maps to run on the car Standard and a tuned one (currently running the standard until i can fix this issue)
I've also cleaned the inlets out due to high carbon build up, but forgot to put the dividers back in, but dont think this would cause the problems i'm having)
Also checked the HPFP Cam and follower, follower could do with changing in the next 5k

2 fault codes showing, that i know the cause of:

008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
P2261 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermitten
(caused by the DV+ and is normal/soft code)

001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
(caused by the decat system - o2 spacer will fix this)

i've logged the data of the main sensors that i think could be effecting fueling and all look within spec.
MAF, Boost, fuel pressure, checked for boost/vacuum leaks etc.

Any Help would greatly been appreciated.