PDA

View Full Version : B8 Central locking system

kalidor
03-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I have just changed my B7 for a B8 R line Passat. On the B7 when I double pressed the key fob it unlocked all of the car doors, But on the B8 only the drivers door unlocks, the wing mirrors deploy and then I double click again and the rest of the doors unlock. What is the sequence for using the double click, I know I can go into the infotainment consul and change the settings so that all doors unlock with one click but I prefer the double click system if I can get it right

macker6464
05-02-2017, 04:46 PM
I have only had my B8 R-Line a week so not sure myself. I'll have quick play and report back. I'll also have a peep at the instruction book. It is so long though I get sleepy reading it!

BenR
06-02-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the door locking menu.

macker6464
06-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Mine has the keyless entry. I just unlocked from a short distance (so that the keyless does not interfere and a single click unlocks only the drivers door (the mirrors do “un-furl”). You can unlock the rest of the car using the unlock button inside the car.

If you double click the key fob to unlock it unlocks the whole car and boot. In both cases I left my key fob away from the keyless sensor zones near the car so I assume this is how it works without keyless locking.

My Passat estate B6 did the identical thing with a single click for the drivers door and a double click for the whole car. I would have preferred a single click for the whole car.

Also on the B6 the double click had to be done quite slowly and not as fast as a computer mouse double click as that did not unlock the whole car. With the B8 (he nips out to try it again)….it is the same as the B6. I.e. needs a steady double press on the fob and not a mouse type.
It maybe that your double click on the B8 is too fast for it?
I just looked at the Owner’s manual and it says “depending on the central locking function that has been set in the Infotainment system, all of the doors and the boot lid may be unlocked only when the [unlock on fob] button is pressed twice”.
In the manual it says about changing settings for opening / closing:
Menu – Settings for opening/closing – Central locking system – Activation and deactivation of the Easy Open function

It also talks about Safelock which is another story. It seems that a double click for locking deactivates the door release levers and makes it harder to break in (and you can’t open them from inside – so could be tested!).
Hope this helps.

Macker

YawnGumbo
13-02-2017, 04:59 PM
What you described for your B7 is how my B8 works - two clicks unlocks all doors, one click opens the drivers door. Perhaps it's a faulty key? Have you tried the spare?

kalidor
13-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, I'll try the second key tomorrow. At the moment I am having a Westfalia towbar fitted.

kalidor
13-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your reply

gamichea
05-03-2017, 10:12 PM
I set mine to open just the driver's door on one press and the rest on the second using settings screen. It has never been a problem but you do need to pause very slightly between presses. It comes naturally to me after 6 years with a CC where it worked exactly the same. IIRR the mirror folding is a separate setting independent of the door opening regime.