PDA

View Full Version : GT 190 Estate ordered

Steven04
03-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Hi

It's time for my '13 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI company car to go, so after reading this forum and a test drive , I've ordered a new Passat.

Some background.....I've always driven VAG cars, my first car (back in the '90's) was a 1971 VW Type 3 Fastback, followed by a 1966 Bug & a '60 Split Bus.
Since then I've had various Golfs, Polos , Passats & a '59 Karmann Ghia

My wife drives a B5 Passat Estate and this time around I thought I'd get something bigger than the A3 for my company motor. (even though I really fancied a GTD Golf...)

Spec:

GT 190
Indium Grey
LED Headlamps (How these aren't standard is beyond me)
Sports Suspension
XDS Diff
Rear Camera
Park Assist
Car App Net Connect
De-badged

My delivery date is pencilled in for 14th April....I'm looking forward to it !

Cheers
Steve

si952
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Got my 190 GT Estate in November.

I opted only for Keyless entry and debadge in the dark blue.

LED lights would have been nice but when you are buying yourself you need to keep in budget. Got a good price by shopping around. carwow and buyacar.co.uk and ended up at a local dealer with 20% off list.

Loving the experience so far and gives those Audi's a run off the line!

Si

si952
04-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Oh and the ACTIVE DISPLAY is well cool!

Steven04
07-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I've got a provisional delivery date of 14th April, which isn't too far away :-)

Agree the Active display is rather nice. Since looking into getting a B8, I've started seeing them everywhere, pretty useful when trying to decide on colour etc.

zat_dude
07-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Let me chime in here too, after lurking a for a while.

I ordered a GT Estate 150 DSG in January after seeing the massive discount offered through carwow. I have a PCH vehicle returning end of March, my dealer had one of their provisional stock order slots converted to my spec. Mine is in Reflex Silver with the Anthracite Marseille wheels and St Tropez leather.

Other options:
Sound insulating laminated safety glass
LED Premium Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights and dynamic cornering light
Rear sunblinds
Driver Assistance Pack Plus
Vision and communications pack
Car-Net App-Connect and
tyre pressure monitoring system

I was impressed by the basic GT spec on MY17 vehicles; the Active Info Display and the panoramic sunroof got me in particular. The kids will love to glass roof.

Mine is going into production next week, according to the tracker. Can't wait!

MattB247
13-02-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree re the LED lights - how they are not standard equipment on a premium brand car is beyond me, especially when almost all of the cars the Passat competes against in this sector have them as standard. Hell, I could buy a decent spec Focus and get them as standard. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous £1700 price for leather seats...

gamichea
05-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm sure you'll love it. The only thing I find wanting is the over light he steering, even in Sport mode. The 190 is worth the extra; a bit of wolf in sheep's clothing. It'll happily trickle along at just over 1000rpm in any gear which is what often happens with the DSG in D but when downshifted using the paddles instant, urgent response is available. I find this smoother than just pressing the accelerator which can result in a slight hesitation followed by an unwelcome surge. You can see my spec. below. I would have liked the active info display but thought I had spent enough, especially as it was my own money. The Premium LED headlights are excellent in every way and I went for the Area View as it seemed much better value for twice the cost of the rear view camera and I'm glad I did.