PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audio system fault on bang and olufsen option

midrec92
29-01-2017, 10:35 PM
desperate for a happy ending here but I fear the worst.my a4 allroad s audio is faulty.The DAB radio has gone off altogether .the sound plays ok through an SD card but here is the problem.
The sound plays for @28 seconds then goes off,it comes back on again after 2 seconds in the same beat in time as if is been playing ok.The volume level has reset to default level.

an independent audi garage has checked the system and said there was light flowing into the amp but not passing through.He suspected the amp.So I contacted the amp repair people in Edinburgh and they said the symptoms I am reporting are not likely the amp.

the car has been diagnosed by Preston Audi . a quick check and £60 later they advised that the audio head unit isn't working and that I need a new one .......£1250 please.:zx11:

Is there any advice you can offer about a repair ??

Boy
29-01-2017, 11:23 PM
You could buy a s/h one and see if it works although you would need the CP taken off by your friendly Audi dealer. Might be a lot cheaper in the long run.

midrec92
05-02-2017, 10:39 PM
I thought a second hand unit was a no no due to codings etc...... it it possible to connect a unit from another car to mine ??

Boy
05-02-2017, 11:02 PM
As I wrote, you would have to have the CP (Component Protection) removed by Audi, but subject to that, there is no difficulty. I did this when I fitted a head unit with DAB in place of the factory-fitted one without.
The important thing is to ensure that you don't buy a unit which Audi refuse to assist you to fit-i.e. one they suspect has been stolen.