PDA

View Full Version : new B8 owner

rs32
29-01-2017, 10:05 AM
My BMW 335d went to pastures new yesterday, sad to see it go - really epic torque in that car but it's now 10 years old and we're moving to a properly rural location in 3 days time so ....

welcome VW Passat Alltrack TDI 190 DSG in deep black pearl, 2016/16 pre-reg with delivery miles

LED headlamps
Discover Pro Nav with CarNet App Connect
Lane Assist / Side Scan / Roadsign recognition
Electric tailgate
Advanced telephone prep / WLAN hotspot

We had a loan car with nearly identical spec for a week earlier in Jan and I really fell for the car, so this was all very familiar when collecting today.

couple of pics

Now for the bad bit. Drove 55 miles home from the dealer. Then dropped wife into town for night out - and on way home had very loud "wooshing" air sound from top/rear of engine bay.

Got home, and upon inspection found that the temp sensor on the turbo outlet had completely fallen out. At this point the car had 89 miles on the clock - nice !!

Refitted the sensor, tested and all fine again. Then drove back into town and on way home the emissions light came on. Lovely.

VW roadside tech on way out to me this morning.

Really shocked to discover the sensor like that, it's not what I expect to see on a new car and we've had 7 other VW's in the last 8 years with absolutely no issues. Hopefully this initial disappointment is short-lived, as the car appears to be excellent in every other way.

rs32
29-01-2017, 03:14 PM
all back up and running, emissions light cleared down and test drive proved fine. bizarre build quality issue.