PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant SE Technic 2.0TDie 136 Service cost

dartengine
27-01-2017, 05:34 PM
My Audi just told me it needs a Service (first one I guess) so I called the nearest main dealer and received this quote:-

"Looking at your service history, the car is due a service on age rather than mileage as it is now 2years old. I have attached the digital history for your records.

The cost of this service is 413.37 inc VAT. This is for an Audi Variable Oil & Inspection Service with replacement Pollen Filter."

To be honest I was quite shocked at the price..................is this normal or should I try another main dealer ? maybe the one I bought it from albeit a long way away. It's done 7000 miles or thereabouts first registered 8/1/15.

Your comments appreciated.

pbrazendale
27-01-2017, 05:42 PM
I just paid 258 including VAT for a major service at a non Audi garage, that included the following:

Pollen filter
Fuel fired
Oil filter
Brake fluid
Plus oil change and the usual stuff.

Mine is a B8 2013 A4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redcar01
28-01-2017, 07:48 AM
That's not a bad price compared to BMW , I had my 2year service quoted 599 just for an oil service. Just like Pbrazendale I took it to my local Audi/BMW indi 320 inc brake fluid change

dartengine
28-01-2017, 11:46 AM
That's not a bad price compared to BMW , I had my 2year service quoted 599 just for an oil service. Just like Pbrazendale I took it to my local Audi/BMW indi 320 inc brake fluid change

Thanks for your comments Redcar and Pbrazendale, sorry what/who is the Audi/BMW indi ? I'm inexperienced in this as previously I have always done my own servicing but with only 1 decent shoulder left and 69 years of age I'm not able to DIY anymore. I believe that whilst under warranty I need to have the service done at a Main Dealer is that the case ? Do you know if I took it another service shop if the warranty is still valid at Audi ?

Thanks

spartacus 68
30-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Main dealers know how to charge! Parts probably would set you back about 130 including oil (fully synthetic Castrol Edge 5w30). Normally you can get brake fluid change done separately if Audi are doing an offer of 50 or so.

Redcar01
30-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Frequently Asked Questions | Honest John (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/warranty-servicing/)

You can take it anywhere for service along as they use the correct parts, see above link