PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant SE Technic 2.0TDie 136 Service cost

dartengine
27-01-2017, 05:34 PM
My Audi just told me it needs a Service (first one I guess) so I called the nearest main dealer and received this quote:-

"Looking at your service history, the car is due a service on age rather than mileage as it is now 2years old. I have attached the digital history for your records.

The cost of this service is £413.37 inc VAT. This is for an Audi Variable Oil & Inspection Service with replacement Pollen Filter."

To be honest I was quite shocked at the price..................is this normal or should I try another main dealer ? maybe the one I bought it from albeit a long way away. It's done 7000 miles or thereabouts first registered 8/1/15.

Your comments appreciated.

pbrazendale
27-01-2017, 05:42 PM
I just paid £258 including VAT for a major service at a non Audi garage, that included the following:

Pollen filter
Fuel fired
Oil filter
Brake fluid
Plus oil change and the usual stuff.

Mine is a B8 2013 A4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redcar01
28-01-2017, 07:48 AM
That's not a bad price compared to BMW , I had my 2year service quoted £599 just for an oil service. Just like Pbrazendale I took it to my local Audi/BMW indi £320 inc brake fluid change

dartengine
28-01-2017, 11:46 AM
That's not a bad price compared to BMW , I had my 2year service quoted £599 just for an oil service. Just like Pbrazendale I took it to my local Audi/BMW indi £320 inc brake fluid change

Thanks for your comments Redcar and Pbrazendale, sorry what/who is the Audi/BMW indi ? I'm inexperienced in this as previously I have always done my own servicing but with only 1 decent shoulder left and 69 years of age I'm not able to DIY anymore. I believe that whilst under warranty I need to have the service done at a Main Dealer is that the case ? Do you know if I took it another service shop if the warranty is still valid at Audi ?

Thanks

spartacus 68
30-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Main dealers know how to charge! Parts probably would set you back about £130 including oil (fully synthetic Castrol Edge 5w30). Normally you can get brake fluid change done separately if Audi are doing an offer of £50 or so.

Redcar01
30-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Frequently Asked Questions | Honest John (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/warranty-servicing/)

You can take it anywhere for service along as they use the correct parts, see above link