PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an A7 late 2014 facelift

A7Paww
26-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Hi, A7 Newbie, Im hoping to buy an A7 preferably the late 2014 face lifted version but so far only found a few with damaged body work, just looking for a clean one with all the toys!

Failing that Ive also seen a really nice condition BiTdi on a 12 plate but it has missed a service and therefor not had an oil change since Feb 2013!! although it has only done 8k miles in that time - is this a cause for concern?? appreciate any thoughts...

AK88
26-01-2017, 09:07 PM
8K since 2013 goes against both the mileage19k/2yr schedule whichever comes first, the oil should be changed as it should have been done within the 2yrs regardless of the mileage. Many here service annually.

If its from a main approved dealer try and get them to fully do all the servicing work to get you back on track, maybe extended warranty thrown in, as the car has not been serviced the recommended Audi schedule.

depending on where the cars from, price and overall mileage I wouldn't totally discount it, these cars are pretty tough.

A7Paww
26-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Yeah I agree it should of been done at 2yrs regardless, its at a small garage and would have 6 months warranty but they would get it serviced before being sold.

I was just concerned that the oil would have degraded and not be good for the turbos and engine, don't want to end up with major problems later on

Gareth_Rees
27-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Personally, I would walk away from that - especially when not from a main dealer.
I'd always have the thought in the back of my mind that it hasn't been looked after as it should, and selling on again may prove an issue.

Unless it's priced accordingly, of course, but I'd want a substantial discount for missing a service.

shabazmo
28-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Given its low mileage, I would take the risk but only after i had established a few things. Who was the last owner? Why only 8 k miles in 3 years? I would speak to the last owner and ask why such a low mileage. Was the car problematic or did it have a major accident. Was it garaged at night. Only if you can get satisfactory answers to these questions, I would go for it. Do I assume that you will be the 3rd owner?

it is not unknown for cars to,be bought and parked in a heated humidity controlled garage as a second car or the owner has a long term sickness. The history of ownership is very important. Failing hood answers. Run away.

A7Paww
28-01-2017, 11:43 AM
I think you are spot on about being left in a heated garage as the underneath & engine bay was like new, the garage owner is mates with the owner and is selling it for him but its no problem to speak to the owner.

The only other thing i noticed was with the heads up display you could just see a faint square on the windscreen like a misty mirror, so also wondered if there was a problem with it as I have not noticed it at all on other A7s. Ive read the internal mirrors can fail

M1tchy
28-01-2017, 05:12 PM
The square on the hud is because it's set too bright, if you can see it in the day it will be really obvious at night. Turn the brightness down until you can't see the outline in the day and it works for me at night without readjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a128721001
22-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Small point. I thought the face lifted version was 2016. New lights etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A7Paww
23-02-2017, 05:20 PM
No defo the end of 2014 for the new front and rear lights, sweeping indicators etc, 64 plate first registered Dec 2014 was the oldest one I found.