PDA

View Full Version : Question Oem Spark Plugs?

Jay1724
25-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Hello,

New to the forum, picking up a second hand golf Friday, a 2005 GT Fsi. Anyhow it could do with a service so most parts are pretty straight forward and even though I used the search function(I did really!) I can't find out what the oem plugs are for the car. Does anyone know the manufacturer?

Thank you

stuart
25-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum....

I would say it could be Bosch, NGK or maybe Denso... VAG use all these as far as I know.

Stuart

Jay1724
25-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Hello,

Thank you :)

Ah right I see, is there a preferred brand at all?

Also is there like an electronic catalogue for VW parts, I am coming from a Peugeot and you can log into Service Box and look up pretty much all parts for your vehicle, does VW do anything similar?

Thank you

stuart
25-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I don't think they have a preferred brand as such, I think they just use what is available, but NGK seems a common plug

As for a catalogue there is an official system called ETOS which you subscribe to, currently £23.95 per month, I subscribe to it myself.. ETOSinfo - Ersatzteile Order System für Originalteile (https://www.etosinfo.com/myetosinfo/start.do) it covers a;; brands, has VIN look up and is updated regular for data and prices.. If you do need any diagrams, part numbers I can look if you PM the VIN number and what you need...

Jay1724
25-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Many thanks :)

I did look at plugs and as for most vehicles seem to be quite a few choices with a really wide price range so wasn't too sure but thank you.

And will remember that thanks. Not anything I currently need but always really handy info to have so will bear that in mind.

Thank you again for your help

stuart
25-01-2017, 10:59 PM
No problem, just ask if you need anything :)