PDA

View Full Version : Will Led cree H7 Headlight bulbs work in the tiguan?

turboextreme
25-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Has anyone on here fitted H7 cree led headlamp bulb to there tiguan or does it just throw up a bulb failure warning?
Was thinking about trying a set that has separate ballast units.

Rowley102
26-01-2017, 10:13 PM
They might work. But they may not. Its hard to say without trying them. If there for you dipped beam I wouldn't bother my mate had a set in his golf and they were pants can hardly see anything there no where as bright as they make out to be

2009 Golf GTI 2.0, Tornado Red, Engine code: CCZB, Manual, Custom 2.5" Turbo back Sports Cat Exhaust System, Ram-Air Induction

Rowley102
26-01-2017, 10:14 PM
If you want a bright bulb go for phillips racing vision there awesome i have some in my golf and have tried all sorts of bulbs and HIDs and these are there best in my opinion

2009 Golf GTI 2.0, Tornado Red, Engine code: CCZB, Manual, Custom 2.5" Turbo back Sports Cat Exhaust System, Ram-Air Induction

lozzer62
22-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Very late to this particular party, but in the UK at least it is illegal to fit LED lights to the outside of any vehicle unless it has EU Type Approval, which generally only happens when the vehicle is manufactured. The same applies to HID conversions.

This not only applies to headlights, but even number plate bulbs. In fact, any light which is visible from outside the vehicle.

It may seem strange, given that it's possible to buy supposedly road-legal halogens whose beam dispersion is shockingly poor and temporarily blind oncoming drivers, yet a Cree or Phillips LED bulb which you know to have been manufactured properly cannot be legally used on the road.

One problem is that halogen headlight units have lenses designed to be used only with that type of bulb. It's the uncontrolled light scatter which is the main concern.

Interesting blog below...

How to fit LED lighting to your car legally - Motoring Advice and News (https://www.motoringassist.com/motoring-advice/news/fit-led-lighting-car-legally/)