PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Pro Nav - arrival estimation wrong

big_swede
23-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Just did my first longer trip with the Passat and in the Discovery Pro Nav I searched for the target location and started the trip.

What I immediately noticed was that the estimated arrival time was + 2 hours more than what my experience tells me that 400 km on 90-110 km/h roads take. The arrival time was slowly shortned, but still when I had only 120 km left it was 45 minutes "off". When finally arriving it was finally on target (surprise...), but I still can't understand what was behind this poor estimation.

I'm used to simple bring-along Garmin navigators and they are always spot on from the start and only do small adjustments if they find that the speed is faster or slower than expected.

Anyone else has the same experince with the Discovery Pro? Could it be related to some settings?

/big_swede

fm_carv
23-01-2017, 01:55 PM
I get the same problem usually around 1hr on top of the usual time the journey takes (by experience).

Can only think the software adds time for traffic problems along the route.

Have no other suggestions for why this happens but it's my first car with satnav that has this kind of problem.

big_swede
23-01-2017, 03:03 PM
I also considered the possibility that the software added time for problems along the route, but in my case there were none (that I could notice at least).

Feels like a real drawback anyhow, one of the key functionalities with satnav (at least when you have kids with you) is to be able to tell when we'll get there.

/big_swede

big_swede
11-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Problem solved.

Through contacts with my local VW dealer I finally got the hint that if the "Discover trailer signs" (or something like that...) in the Sign Assist settings are active, the phenomena of added time to arrival time will occur. Un-ticked that box and voilą, problem solved.

/big_swede

fm_carv
01-05-2017, 11:04 AM
That worked! have checked it through adding a destination and then checking the arrival time estimate with the trailer speed limit option on and off. It does change the arrival time .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk