PDA

View Full Version : Any MTB fans on here?

buddyboy
21-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Any cycling fans on here whether it be on road or off? Im looking for a solution to mount my mountain bike. Only current restriction to me is i live in an apartment complex and i park in an underground car park so guessing roof mount options are not ideal for me currently unless i store my bike elsewhere.

So im probably looking for a sturdy tow bar system that can take up to 60-70kg and a bike rack that would also suit 2-3 full suspension mountain bikes. Any reviews tried and tested products on the a7 would be appreciated!

M1tchy
21-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Not a fan of anything on the road that isn't taxed, insured, MOT'd, has DRLs, helmets, high viz , licenced and every other restriction that a normal driver has to endure I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddyboy
22-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Fortunately I am a fan of off road mountain biking, i have learned in the last few years that people that don't cycle dont know how to deal with cyclists on the road so i keep the hobby to the hills! Im wondering what are the preferred towbar setups or bike racks of choice that people may have gone for over the years of a7 ownership. My last setup on the s6 was a Saris bones 2 trunk mount option but that will not work with the shape of the a7

Moogie
22-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Sorry mate, I put the bike up on the roof out of the way. Got a pair of Thule roof bars and bike carrier. I prefer this to the carriers that strap onto your boot as you need to remove the bikes to get into the boot. I've no idea why folk buy these since they are so restrictive!

KevTrem
23-01-2017, 07:40 AM
I use the westfalia removable towbar on the A6 Avant and use a 2 bike carrier. Works a treat. BTW the bikes that go on a DH bikes at around 20kg each then the rack weight aswel. It works great. If I was you I would go for the removable towbar and something like the thule ride on towbar, you can get them in 2 bike, 3 bike or 4bike versions. Towbar will set you back about £350 ish and the rack about £300 although they often come up on the likes of ebay etc.

buddyboy
23-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info ill probably lean towards the tow bar setup since i have a height restriction into my car park. I haven't braved DH yet, ill stick to the enduro stuff for now, Still recovering from a bd crash last summer, only slowly getting back out now to the easy trails

KevTrem
23-01-2017, 01:22 PM
so your probably looking at about 14kg for an endure bike, the towbar will easily take 3 of those. Have a look on PF Jones, that's who I got mine through, fitted myself in an afternoon. then got coded