PDA

View Full Version : Lights on after cruise control fitted

Celtic Cousin
18-08-2006, 03:34 AM
Have just taken the plunge and fitted cruise control to my B6 A4 1.9 tdi. Straightforward job which will just need a trip to a dealer to reprogramme, but...... when switching the ignition the car bleeps @ me 3 times and all the warning lights for braking system are illuminated. Car drives OK but ABS doesn't work. Has the ECU registered a fault code which can be cleared when the dealers computer is connected, or is it something more ominous................?

Celtic Cousin
02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I'll answer my own question.

Apparently the ecu detects that something different has been added to the car electronics and puts the warning lights on as a caution.

The planned trip to the dealer to activate the cruise control also sorted the light problem.

Good mod; cruise for £200!!

homerstrange
25-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I also have a A4 tdi and would like to fit cruise control, can you please tell what is involved? is it as simple as a new stick and reprogramming??

Thanks!

Celtic Cousin
25-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I ordered a cruise control kit from Tim @ Bedford Audi 01234 363911. There is a choice of 2 kit dependant upon wether you can has a muti-function steering wheel ie switches on the wheel. I also ordered the lower steering wheel cowling to do a proper job. They also reprogrammed the ECU at a cost of £50.00.

The kit consists of a switch and the steering column wiring loom, which links the indicators, cruise switch and wipers. My car is a 2002 B6 model but I know cruise cannot be retro fitted to all age vehicles.

Doing the job is not too dificult if you have the tools, especially the spline drive to remove the wheel, be very aware that you are handling an explosive device!!!

See also http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/819123/page/vc