PDA

View Full Version : Question Clutch pedal vibration

bertb
18-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Hello all
Hopefully someone can give me some advice
I have owned my a3 2.0 tdi for over a year and when I bought it the clutch pedal had a slight vibration but over time I think it has got worse .
If you push your foot down slightly on the pedal you can feel it and it gets worse when you rev the engine this is when it's in neutral , is this a clutch problem or could it be something else ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Alan02
19-01-2017, 09:08 PM
It could be a number of clutch assy. issues, such as release bearing, clutch cover... either way, the box needs to come out to investigate.

bertb
20-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Hello alan02
Thanks for your reply
Is this a big job ?
If so while the box is out would you change the clutch and flywheel or just the offending part ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob69
20-01-2017, 08:59 AM
You'll probably find the flywheel is the offending part and would be mad not to change the whole lot while the box is off.

bertb
20-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Hell rob69
Thanks for your help
Thought there would be some sort of noise if it was the flywheel
I can't hear any noise just vibration on the pedal

Rob69
20-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Who knows until you get in there!! are you going to chance not replacing it though??

bertb
22-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Cheers for you help
Do any of you have any idea of cost for new clutch and flywheel , I've seen a lSachs for £340 on eBay for both but I have no idea of labour cost
Anyone have any idea ?

Alper1991
30-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Hello all
Hopefully someone can give me some advice
I have owned my a3 2.0 tdi for over a year and when I bought it the clutch pedal had a slight vibration but over time I think it has got worse .
If you push your foot down slightly on the pedal you can feel it and it gets worse when you rev the engine this is when it's in neutral , is this a clutch problem or could it be something else ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi there I have exactly the same issue after getting the clutch and flywheel replaced 6 weeks ago took it to audi today they said nothing wrong with the clutch or no vibration

Alper1991
07-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Hi there I have exactly the same issue after getting the clutch and flywheel replaced 6 weeks ago took it to audi today they said nothing wrong with the clutch or no vibration

I see. Well I went back up there they said the same so I booked another appointment with audi elsewhere to get it checked with them. Clearly there is a slight vibration on the pedal disappears half way down and comes back a little at the bottom but more vibration as you rest your foot on the pedal