PDA

View Full Version : 2015 polo 1.6 tdi - VW dealer servicing ??

cameron1
17-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Hi,

RE: 2015 VW Polo 1.6 TDI

My car is due for a major service and i'm planning on having it booked at a VW dealership.

Does anyone know what's covered under a major service? I assume major service means everything, oil,air,fuel,pollen filter but not sure now coz apparently according to vw service regime, the fuel filter gets changed at something like 60k

your input would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Cameron

Onixas1
01-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Definitely get it done at vw. When it comes to selling the car you will get nore for it which will pay back and you will have peace of mind by having it done with the dealer. Plus vw group is known to be picky when it comes to warranty repairs when thr vehicle was not serviced with them.

cameron1
03-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Definitely get it done at vw. When it comes to selling the car you will get nore for it which will pay back and you will have peace of mind by having it done with the dealer. Plus vw group is known to be picky when it comes to warranty repairs when thr vehicle was not serviced with them.

Update:

I am pleased to say that i have had my car serviced at the VW dealers.

Didn't know until i got to the car that the dealers had washed and valeted the car FOC, no tin sweets though, i think they have stopped giving them :)

Quick question guys, They had also replaced the sump plug as part of the service. When asked if it was necessary to replace the sump plug, they responded by saying that the sump plug has to be replaced on each service otherwise there is a good chance the sump plug would weld itself with the sump pan. seems excessive. Is this true ?

Cameron

Guest 2
03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
The sump bung only costs around £1 so it is beneficial to replace.

Please do check however the work on the invoice has actually been carried out, I have had experiences in the past with main dealers where certain filters and jobs were not changed or carried out but still charged for.

cameron1
04-02-2017, 12:08 PM
They had carried out the following, minor service (oil and Filter) 34 point health check, wash and VAC.

When asked at the time of booking that my car is on a fixed service 10k or 1 year which ever comes first and that the car had its minor service in 2016 and now it should be due a major service, they replied by saying that major service only applies to vehicles which have done 40k or 4 years? is this true

Scott K
15-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Using old sump plugs can damage the casing. As it's a VW dealer and the manual tells you to use a new plug, they probably have no choice.