PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2014 A4 Clutch Judder?

biffab
17-01-2017, 06:34 PM
hi
i have just bought my first Audi which is an 2014 A4 2.0 TDI (150) black edition with just over 9000 miles.
I have a question about the clutch as it sometimes judders when pulling away in first.
I have also noticed that sometimes when you take the car out of gear into neutral, when you lift the clutch, the revs pick up slightly and then drop to normal idle revs. This doesn't happen all the time so it leads me to think there is an issue, or is it just a characteristic?

this is my first Audi so not to sure what i should expect. I have tried to book it into a dealer but they never call back and i am constantly chasing. I have tried 3 dealers, chingford, hatfield and hitchin.

Any help/ advice would be appreciated!!

Alan02
17-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Hi, the rev issue is normal. The ECU gets a signal from the clutch switch when it is operated. The judder needs looking at. It could be oil on the Plate, DMF or faulty clutch. Try booking on-line?

biffab
17-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Thanks alan, I think i will have to physically turn up to book it in. I have emailed, phoned & done the online chat. Seems from reviews that audi dealers are very poor at aftersales.
I am in north london and have contacted 3 different ones with no joy.
Any recomendations for a good dealer?
Only had the car for 4 months. I bought it from Swansea Audi which were really good, but long way to go for a check up!

mhurer
19-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Never had a problem with Audi dealership in Watford. Might be worth a call.

RichA4
21-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Hi

I had a similar problem with my 2014 B8 Black edition. The judder was more pronounced some times.
Dealership had car in to remove gearbox and check out clutch etc.
Fault was found to be distorted springs on the pressure plate.

Plate was replaced and all is back to normal :)