PDA

View Full Version : A4 S line joys...and woes

cowcatcher
15-01-2017, 10:01 AM
After 12 weeks + my A4 Tdi 190 Sline arrived on Friday to work. The car was ordered through Lex Autolease and came from Aberdeen to Leeds!
The good bits -
loving the stronic box, it's the first auto I've had, and pleasantly surprised how smooth it is
Plenty of go, picks up very well
Interior is fantastic, and virtual cockpit is just a thing of wonder[emoji41]

The bad bits -
It was absolutely filthy when it came off the truck after spending over 24 hrs on a transporter
Knocking from the left rear, when driving over a bump or pot hole.
It's an Ultra which are supposed to sit low, but a mate who I passed on the motorway messaged me and said it was sitting a bit *** high. Why would this be? He wondered if the delivery shocks might still be fitted. Might explain the knocking...
Emissions control system warning light came on yesterday. It drives perfect but should I be concerned? I'm driving to Glasgow tomorrow for work!

Opinions and theories welcome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott K
15-01-2017, 12:08 PM
It's under warranty. Get it straight in.
The bumping could be the transit blocks which might explain the ride height.
The emissions light is worrying but that's why you should get it looked at. Depending on the dealer they may just tell you to call Audi assist! Very frustrating with a new motor but hopefully just gremlins.
The emissions light might clear after a run as it has probably been doing lots of start stop on transports for the last few weeks.

cowcatcher
15-01-2017, 01:09 PM
I rang Audi Assist for advice and they sent someone out straight away, which happened to be an AA patrolman. He was here within 20minutes! The car is too new for his system so took a bit of faffing around to get his computer to work out what car it was. It came up with two Adblue faults, but no Adblue warning light was present. He rang VW tech desk who told him to clear the fault and for me to drive it as normal and see if it comes back, and it's more than likely an Adblue level sensor or issue.
As for the knocking, it's a protective rubber and plastic trumpet thing on the near side rear shock that's come loose. He couldn't get it back in place, so I'll book it in tomorrow.
More worryingly, I've just given the missus a tutorial on how to work stuff and the auto transmission and she's gone out in it for the first time[emoji51]

Scott K
15-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Hopefully all good and the run to Glasgow will give you a good run.

cowcatcher
15-01-2017, 01:18 PM
On the plus side....she's a beauty[emoji7]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/faa8d720ec0a52f91db052fb3628b73c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/696516ea68ace1e7a151fa60eb6c9983.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/8219aa3c964c131181b6d54aab730683.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/27a0d0c1141d0106a5d17036f650a37e.jpg

Scott K
15-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Very smart. No wonder it looked dirty with it being white!

Paul Nisbet
17-01-2017, 09:26 PM
I've not had any problems, touch wood.

Still, my only gripe is the sound system that comes standard with the sline. Absolute bobbins! It's an excellent car.

cowcatcher
17-01-2017, 11:53 PM
You're right about the sound system, it's no where near as good as what I had in my Sline A3.
Fingers crossed the Adblue system is fixed, apparently is was leaking when under pressure! My local dealer fixed it the same day.
Other than it's a lovely car

spellsinger
18-01-2017, 07:01 PM
You're right about the sound system....

This is a growing problem with speccing new cars, there is no (practical) way to try out every option and check if it is OK, great or rubbish – how does it compare with standard kit or previous models etc..

What really annoyed me with reviews of the (then new) A4 was the lack of research/effort put in by so-called journalists – for example, I read several reviews praising the “Adaptive suspension”, yet not one of those reviews (including British magazines) stated which of the two available variants it was! They might as well have said the colour of paint is nice without mentioning what colour it is.

cowcatcher
18-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Most car journos are lazy in my opinion. They've already made up their mind that the BMW 3 series is better before they've even stepped anywhere near anything else

noscream
18-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Glad you got it sorted,

I do love mine although I miss the space of my A6...

cowcatcher
18-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Glad you got it sorted,

I do love mine although I miss the space of my A6...

Coming from an A3 SB I don't have that problem!