PDA

View Full Version : 2012 A6 Satnav - What am I doing wrong?

bbrown1664
05-01-2017, 01:09 PM
On every sat nav I have used in the last 10 years I have been able to put in the post code and house number. Why cant I do this on the A6?

If I put the town and road, I can enter the house number but if I use the post code I cant unless I then go back and add the street manually. What am I doing wrong?

johnsimcox
05-01-2017, 03:09 PM
On every sat nav I have used in the last 10 years I have been able to put in the post code and house number. Why cant I do this on the A6?

If I put the town and road, I can enter the house number but if I use the post code I cant unless I then go back and add the street manually. What am I doing wrong?
You are doing nothing wrong. It is a "feature" of the Audi system (actually developed by Harmon Kardon) that you can either enter the full address with house number or the post code without.

bbrown1664
05-01-2017, 03:18 PM
So a "feature" in this instance equals a "failure" on Harmon Kardons' programming abilities?

fest0r
05-01-2017, 04:27 PM
After entering the postcode first it then asks for the house/building number (where applicable). You don’t have to add it though and can just start route guidance to the postcode location.

bbrown1664
05-01-2017, 04:40 PM
After entering the postcode first it then asks for the house/building number (where applicable). You don’t have to add it though and can just start route guidance to the postcode location.

Unfortunately not. I will ask if you want "Centre" or "Junction" but not number. For that, you can only get to enter it by first entering the street name.

fest0r
05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
I’m going by my own 2014 mmi+ so what version are you using?

Keep in mind when a postcode covers more than one street or some industrial/commercial sites there will be no option of a number.

bbrown1664
05-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Hi fest0r, as per the title it is a 2012 A6 with 2012 maps. Still working out the various parts on the car as I have only had it a couple of weeks but I think it is the standard MMI installed.

fest0r
05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
If the maps are on an SD card in one of the slots then it’s the standard version. I seem to remember the early ones had issues with full postcode lookup (fixed with update) but if you can do this already then I don’t know what the issue could be.

Maybe someone with the standard mmi can confirm they don’t get an option for house number?