PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Tiguan 2.0 2wd blu motion very poor traction on most road surfaces

turboextreme
31-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Any owners of the 2wd tiguan on here as I am wondering if anyone else has poor traction when pulling away or stopping with their car.
I currently have 4 winter tyres fitted to add extra grip as the tiguan seams to not like pulling away on this new smooth tarmac without wheel spinning even when using light throttle response. I have checked the tracking and tyre pressures which are 32psi all round. I am beginning to think I should have got the 4 wheel drive version. :cussing:

Rorry
18-01-2017, 07:27 PM
How old are the tyres?

zollaf
18-01-2017, 07:54 PM
back in the day i had a sharan 130 bhp when i worked for vw assistance, that thing was lethal, easily spin the wheels up in 3rd in the wet without trying. pulling away was very hard , you had to try not to spin out. simple really, too heavy, too much low down torque, too wide tyres. oh yes, and in the snow, forget it... even on tickover it would get stuck. i did get it stuck in a small pothole once , just sat there spinning not going anywhere.. couldnt believe it, nor could the few people stood around watching.

turboextreme
19-01-2017, 02:02 PM
My summer tyres were new last march and when i fitted my new winter tyres on 1st november i was shocked to see how quickly the front had worn. Front tyres 3.8 mm rear 5.8mm left. The winter tyres performed brilliantly when i got to use them on actual snow they only started spinning when i pushed them to the limit with too much throttle response.

zollaf
19-01-2017, 02:04 PM
i was getting through front tyres in 8k.