PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Media/Music

daveo138
31-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I took delivery of my new S3 last week.

I have a USB flash drive, containing lots of albums and music files, radio podcasts etc. It has worked fine in my last two cars - a Passat and a (nasty) Nissan - but in the S3, a number of the folders weren't visible and some of the music files seemed to have been moved into one big folder.

I tried editing the ID3 tags on some of the files/folders, but then I seemed to lose a lot more folders. It's fine in my PC, just not in the car - which is where I need to use it!

Another thing was, it seems to want to order everything by song title, whereas the file names all begin with the artist. Annoying.

Anyone got any ideas?

100andthirty
24-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I cannot tell you precisely how to do it - do check the manual - but the media player sets up a database which can order files by artist, album title or genre (from memory). however you can still select the folder view that you (and I) are used to where the "lost files" will probably be found.

I have to say that I got frustrated that I couldn't find some folders until I found I'd selected the wrong SD card given I have two in the car with some overlap of folders. I don't find the interface intuitive still even thou both our cars have basically the same system (one Skoda, one SEAT)

daveo138
25-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Thanks for that, although the manual hasn't been a lot of help.

I have since discovered that I need to change the ID3 tag 'album name' to be the same as the name of the folder, and all is good - well, almost...

If you should happen to have the same track in two different folders, it really screws everything up - files and folders all over the place. Renaming one of the files sorts it out.

Weird system!