PDA

View Full Version : Question 2016 Q5 MMI Navigation Plus hidden menu

mikeburtie
30-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Hi there everyone !

I'm new to this group so I thought I'd ask a fairly simple question, if I may please ?

I've just bought a '66 plate Q5 with the 'MMI Navigation system Plus' and I've seen from the 'net that there's a hidden menu that can be used to alter certain things but I can't seem to get into it (or appear to need a VAGCOM cable to do so).

Am I correct in my thinking, in which case I'll give up trying as I'm not bothered enough to spend lots of cash on the cable/software, or am I just being a bit daft and haven't used the correct set of button presses ?

The button on my Q5 are (from top left) -

NAV 'soft key' rotary dial 'soft key' RADIO
TEL 'soft key' rotary dial 'soft key' MEDIA

MENU BACK CAR

Hopefully that all makes sense but if you need to me answer any questions about it, please just ask

cheers
Mike

Guest 2
30-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Hidden menu is limited, don't be messing with settings you don't have knowledge of ad you can brick your 5F unit and is not covered under warranty.

mikeburtie
30-12-2016, 04:25 PM
thanks for the quick reply Chris, it was more out of curiosity to see what was in there, rather than actually changing any settings as I have read that it can be quite dangerous to just randomly alter stuff, and it doesn't look like there would be much I'd want to do, but I like to understand all the 'features' available, even if I don't actually use them.

NeilMacK59
30-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Might be worth thinking about and Obdeleven, Mike. Not nearly as much money as a proper VCDS cable but can do a fair bit. I enabled needle sweep on mine quite easily, I am a novice too. Only problem I have with it is I put it "away" somewhere and can't find it now. Oops

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk