PDA

View Full Version : VW Approved Alloy Wheel Cleaning Product List

si952
27-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Hi All

Hope you have all had a good Christmas!

Passat now 6 weeks old and needs another clean. My colleague at work had an issue with his company car where the non contact area on his brake disks (where the wheel attaches) went rusty and the local VW service centre have told him it was due to unapproved alloy wheel cleaning chemicals being used. Apparently there is a VW Approved List. In this case Google has not been my friend.

Emailed my dealership on Christmas Eve and got this:

"Thank you for getting in touch, we'll respond to you within 2 hours during our business opening times."

OK so it was midday on Christmas Eve but had no answer as yet. Thought I would try out the forum for an answer.

So - Has anyone got a list of approved Alloy Wheel Cleaners for VW cars?

I would prefer to be able to get it from Halffords or independant shop rather than be forced to pay a VW premium

Many Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year

zollaf
27-12-2016, 06:58 PM
sounds like a wind up to me. water will cause metal to rust. that area on the discs will go rusty no matter because its metal and metal goes rusty.

M1tchy
27-12-2016, 07:37 PM
I agree. I think someone is having you on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zollaf
27-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Auto Finesse Imperial Alloy Wheel Cleaner 500ml | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Finesse-Imperial-Alloy-Wheel-Cleaner-500ml-/252381727227?hash=item3ac31f89fb:g:pP8AAOSwSclXLfM 7)

this is the stuff i use. you spray it on and it turns red as it attacks the iron engrained in the alloys. amazing results with very little effort, and removes grime that is otherwise un removable unless you shot blast them.