PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door lock problem

Smigga23
27-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Ok so I have the dreaded door lock problem, basically the door won't unlock with fob unless the lock button is pressed twice (deadlock).

Any reasons as to why this would occur ? I've seen a lot of threads on door lock problems but nobody has mentioned there's will only unlock if unlocking from deadlock.

Thanks in advance.

Crasher
27-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Any reasons as to why this would occur ?

Yes, mechanical things go wrong.... The first thing to do is get a full code scan done to see what the door control unit and the central convenience unit are seeing as the problem.

Smigga23
27-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that, just seems odd that it will open but only if you press the lock button twice 1st!

Gunnark100
27-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks for that, just seems odd that it will open but only if you press the lock button twice 1st!

Its door lock-actuator getting weak 90%, before changing it, scan as stated above and try wd40 or spray lock-oil to keyhole and play with fob few times, helped in my case and for few others. If not, replace the lock! It opens second or third time, because more juice in circut as other doors are already open:)! Same s... was with fuel flap actuator etc...

Repairing Audi A4 B8 8K door not unlocking with remote fob (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/179797-Repairing-Audi-A4-B8-8K-door-not-unlocking-with-remote-fob)

There has been few reports of module issue also, but i put my money to the lock!

Crasher
28-12-2016, 01:32 AM
That is because you are setting up inertia in the internals which allows it to kick the unit open.

tinmanA4
20-01-2021, 10:18 AM
Ok so I have the dreaded door lock problem, basically the door won't unlock with fob unless the lock button is pressed twice (deadlock).

Any reasons as to why this would occur ? I've seen a lot of threads on door lock problems but nobody has mentioned there's will only unlock if unlocking from deadlock.

Thanks in advance.
Trying my luck here on a 4 year old thread but I have the exact same problem and a quick google has lead me here. Did you get to the bottom of it? or have any others had this same issue?

JimA4B6
20-01-2021, 11:42 AM
I currently have this issue and will fix it in the decent weather (i would do it today if i had some overhead cover), i will follow this guide when i do Audi B8 A4 Door Lock Repair - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsZgLo15EhE)