PDA

View Full Version : 2017 UK, Europe map update

jangles
26-12-2016, 11:37 AM
When checking in to the myAudi website a couple of days ago, I noticed a new update for the map used by the built-in Audi navigation system. The last update I have was in mid June 2016, just after I got the car. Fits what Audi says - map updates twice a year.

So this is the first update for 2017. Installing it is very easy - download it to your PC, copy the files to a blank SD card, insert into card reader in glovebox, run the 'software update' option from the navigation menu. Takes 5 mins or less to do.

(Updated-map test when I go out later today - on the A322 heading out of Bracknell towards Bagshot, a major road reconfiguration took place in the summer when a large roundabout was removed to make a large cross-roads junction with traffic lights instead. The current Audi map still thinks there's a roundabout there. I wonder if the 2017 update notices the change...)

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the Audi sat nav system - especially the voice guidance - although I have far more confidence with using Google Maps navigation via Android Auto on my connected Galaxy S6. It seems to me that the Google nav knows more about traffic conditions and alternative routes than the Audi system.

What's your experience like?

MarmiteSandwich
23-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi jangles,
My experience has not been great.

With respect to the download updates, these have eluded me so far, though not for lack of trying. Can you give me a clue as to where on the myAudi website you found the map updates? I have needed these since the day I picked my car up in July 2016 and the SatNav didn't know about the new M6/M1/A14 junction! I can see these menu options:

My profile
My vehicles
Configurations
My Audi partners
Audi connect user management
Audi connect
Vehicle details
My service
Downloads

"Downloads" seems to be images of show cars and competition cars.

I could elaborate at length about problems I have had with Audi Connect/Destination entry via Google maps/Phone directory addresses/Post code cockups, but I would be very happy if I could just update the maps without visiting a dealer.
Marmite

noscream
27-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Hi jangles,
My experience has not been great.

With respect to the download updates, these have eluded me so far, though not for lack of trying. Can you give me a clue as to where on the myAudi website you found the map updates?

https://login.audi.com/login/#/login

Login

Then click " AUDI CONNECT"

Then click " MAP UPDATE" icon

Then you will see the avalible updates "Digital road map, Europe version 2017"

Complete package
You can download the complete package here

Individual country package
Please select

Please note the following information:

1.The latest map updates can be downloaded here free of charge and then installed in the vehicle via SD card. You can download and install the updates an unlimited number of times. The Map Update includes the first five updates to the version of the map installed at the factory. The updates are issued every six months.

2. Transferring the new map package overwrites the map package currently stored in the MMI.
The currently installed version can be found in the MMI under -> Setup MMI -> Version information -> Navigation database country versions.

3. You can also have the new map data installed by an Audi dealer (there would be a charge for this service).

Hope it helps.

MarmiteSandwich
27-02-2017, 10:37 AM
https://login.audi.com/login/#/login

Login

Then click " AUDI CONNECT"

Then click " MAP UPDATE" icon

Thanks for the information, noscream.
I can get as far as Audi Connect, but there isn't a "Map Update" icon for me (see uploaded images).
I can get useful information, like bus timetables, but not the maps.
Maybe I need to ring Audi and get it added.
Cheers,
Marmite

ILikeJam
27-02-2017, 05:00 PM
As far as I was aware the map updates were something ridiculous like £200 a pop and had to be done at a dealer?

Great news if you can get them for free. Or if a kindly forum member could share the files... :)

firebelly
18-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the information, noscream.
I can get as far as Audi Connect, but there isn't a "Map Update" icon for me (see uploaded images).
I can get useful information, like bus timetables, but not the maps.
Maybe I need to ring Audi and get it added.
Cheers,
Marmite

I have this issue also, did you get this resolved?

MarmiteSandwich
19-05-2017, 11:03 AM
No change, yet. I have had the car about 11 months, so should have had one of the bi-annual updates by now if that is the system. To be fair I haven't chased Audi about it, so maybe it needs to be turned on or something.

Audi Connect in the car is very hit and miss, and sending a destination from Google maps to the car sometimes just doesn't work at all, and sometimes results in being asked by the car sat nav for the street, postcode, etc., when all of that was sent by Google. Same with addresses from the phone contacts. Very disappointing.
Marmite.

MarmiteSandwich
28-09-2017, 12:14 PM
So I've had the car for 15 months now and the maps are getting out of date (they were out of date on the day I picked it up, when I tried to navigate the M1/M6/A14 interchange). I recently had a dashboard warning to extend the data licence, so while I was on the phone to Audi UK customer services, I asked why I couldn't update my satnav maps via the Audi Connect website. After some umming and ahhing, it turns out that, for my model year, unless I had the (optional extra) hard disk based satnav, it is not possible to update it yourself. The SD card based version which I have has to be modified by the dealer at a cost of c£250.

This sounds like a scam, to me. Does anyone know how to download and generate a SD card ISO image which can be burned to a SD card, and which can then replace the existing SD card with the latest version?
Marmite