PDA

View Full Version : New A4 just arrived... Couple questions

pk1209
24-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

First post here... Took delivery of my 190 S Line Avant on Wednesday... Loving it so far.

Just hoping someone can help with a couple of (not very important!) questions.

1. During my test drive the guy showed me how you could use the scroll wheel as a touch of to write letters when doing sat nav input etc... Can't figure that out.. Is that standard?

2. What does the button on the ceiling do next to the interior light switch... The car icon with the open door?

Thanks folks, and merry Christmas!

PK

cowcatcher
25-12-2016, 12:31 AM
Nice choice! I get my S-line saloon in about 3 weeks!
Have you got the technology pack? The touch pad on the MMI wheel is only available on this
Not sure about the other button. Is it something to do with the entry alarm??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jangles
26-12-2016, 11:19 AM
2. What does the button on the ceiling do next to the interior light switch... The car icon with the open door?

That controls the interior lights: the two by the rear-view mirror, and the two in the rear of the car. If it's set - the red led is lit - the lights will come on when you open doors. Otherwise, the lights don't some on. Two nice touches - the lights only come on if the light sensor decides they need to; and the lights come on on the side where you open a door, not all the lights. Nice.

cowcatcher
26-12-2016, 11:43 AM
I've got the same button in my A3 and never pressed it and never knew what it was for! I've had the car almost 3 years[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jangles
26-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Heh, I only figured it out recently after wondering why the interior lights never came on... :o

pk1209
26-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Haha, glad to see it wasn't just me then! Thanks!

Haven't got the tech pack, if I got that I would have ended up adding all sorts of other stuff I couldn't really justify!

My Octavia vRS had a button to temporarily disable the alarm, very useful for locking kids in the car when they get annoying! Can't see anything like that in the A4... Does anyone know if it can be done?

Cheers,

Pete

pk1209
26-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Nevermind... Found it... Was in the manual, of all places!