PDA

View Full Version : Question Bluetooth connection unreliable since OSX 10 update

Andymcdonald
24-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Hi all

Hope you're all ready for Xmas.

I've noticed that since recent Apple updates my car Bluetooth seems to disconnect almost during every call.

I've had the car since March 2015 and it's been faultless until recently.

Anyone else experienced this?

The phone Bluetooth is fine with other BT devices so it may be the car itself or an incompatibility with OS X 10

Any pointers welcome

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1tchy
24-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Mine seems to be fine. Updated on the day of release and not had an issue since (or before). What car software are you on? I'm on 770, don't know if that makes a difference

Andymcdonald
24-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Mine seems to be fine. Updated on the day of release and not had an issue since (or before). What car software are you on? I'm on 770, don't know if that makes a difference

Hi there...Mmm could be the car then rather than the OSX version.

No idea what I'm on. 64 plate facelift version

The only update I seems to be available is the EU map update?

M1tchy
24-12-2016, 07:44 PM
You should have a more updated software version than me then. I'd suggest a MMI reset and if it continues then a Vcds scan?

Andymcdonald
24-12-2016, 09:22 PM
You should have a more updated software version than me then. I'd suggest a MMI reset and if it continues then a Vcds scan?

I've reset MMI and also deleted BT profiles and still no luck!

This type of thing really gets under my skin :-(

Thanks for the replies

damtom85
28-12-2016, 09:41 AM
1st make sure it is not fault with your iPhone, ask someone else with exactly same iphone and ios to connect to car and check if issue is there. now if issue is not visible with other iphone then reset your network settings or to full wipe through iTunes on laptop /PC as your update on phone could be unsuccessful with error.

if other iphone has problem with connectivity with your car, complain to audi, show them issue and push for fix, sooner or later they will realase update fixing the issue or maybe update is already there and dealer only needs update your MMI.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andymcdonald
29-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies.

My phone has a solid connection with all other BT devices I use, also now I'm monitoring it I can almost be 100% sure to recreate it. When I terminate a call it generally drops the BT connection and I get the connect your mobile screen.

Not sure if this coincided with me enabling the SMS messaging read facility? Perhaps I'll doable this? The only other change is OS X 10 .

So if it's the SMS config change I can solve it myself but I doubt this! I think it's either a fault that's developed or OS X 10 on my iPhone

soft
30-12-2016, 08:53 AM
This first, them resolve!
1st make sure it is not fault with your iPhone, ask someone else with exactly same iphone and ios to connect to car and check if issue is there. now if issue is not visible with other iphone then reset your network settings or to full wipe through iTunes on laptop /PC as your update on phone could be unsuccessful with error.

Andymcdonald
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
This first, them resolve!

I thought It was clashing with my Garmin Fenix watch? May still be causing a problem but nothing conclusive.

I have a week away in the car this week so going to turn off all BT devices and see how it goes.

However I did talk to a friend about it and it seems that there are many complaints about BT reliability since 10.x

DEF33
01-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Had a few issues with bluetooth drop out on my 2011 recently.
Was fortunate to have a free service at Audi Northampton and they have upgraded my software.
They asked what my phone was running and it was the IOS 10.
When picking it up they had updated 14 things?? No idea what thought.

maybe its an issue they are aware of??