PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Accessory Prices

istate75
23-12-2016, 02:05 PM
I recently took delivery of my new C7 BE and have tried to pick up a reversible luggage mat.

On my last 3 A6's I've always ordered one as part of my spec, but it is now part of the £680 'convenience pack' which includes loads of things I don't want.

I've contacted my local dealer for a price of just the mat and have been quoted £218.22! :confused:

I think Audi have finally gone mad!

wildbore
23-12-2016, 02:13 PM
The "mat" is a double-length item that folds out to cover the entire load area of the Avant. It is finished in the same carpet finish of the boot on one side and a waterproof rubberised finish on the other. It also has fold-out sections that are shaped to protect the boot sides and rear passenger doors and the boot lip.

Yes, it's expensive, but when it's sitting in the boot it looks lovely and it all works. Not as much of a rip-off as you would think once you've seen it (and when I ordered the Convenience Pack I thought I was being rather seen coming, too). I suggest thinking about the convenience pack. It includes the rear window blinds and they are actually rather useful. I spec'ed the pack purely for the boot lashing points and rails, which are invaluable.

istate75
23-12-2016, 02:27 PM
The "mat" is a double-length item that folds out to cover the entire load area of the Avant. It is finished in the same carpet finish of the boot on one side and a waterproof rubberised finish on the other. It also has fold-out sections that are shaped to protect the boot sides and rear passenger doors and the boot lip.

Yes, it's expensive, but when it's sitting in the boot it looks lovely and it all works. Not as much of a rip-off as you would think once you've seen it (and when I ordered the Convenience Pack I thought I was being rather seen coming, too). I suggest thinking about the convenience pack. It includes the rear window blinds and they are actually rather useful. I spec'ed the pack purely for the boot lashing points and rails, which are invaluable.

I've had one in my last 3 A6's and I agree, I think they are invaluable. They have protected the luggage compartments well. It's just that it used to be available as an individual item on factory order for about £80, but now only as an accessory, without the £680 factory convenience pack for £212. I ordered my car without, thinking it would be a sensible price. Should have checked 1st I guess!

wildbore
23-12-2016, 03:11 PM
I am amazed that Audi was ever able to sell that mat for £80. Usually I think (like you) that accessories are overpriced - but £80 was a bargain for that mat. £200 seems much more like the typical dealer price.

zollaf
23-12-2016, 03:16 PM
buys 47 grand car, moans about 200 quid boot liner :You_Rock_

Devilz
23-12-2016, 07:59 PM
buys 47 grand car, moans about 200 quid boot liner :You_Rock_
😁😁😁😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Waddie
23-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Hatchbag boot liner, £110.