PDA

View Full Version : Attention Stolen

sebgreen
17-12-2016, 12:09 AM
My 2011 B8 S4 got stolen today :(

Didn't use the keys as a set at home and a set with me. Was stolen from street at night. Smashed widow and left glass all over pavement.

My mechanic is confused as he says the cars are impossible to drive without a key.

Anyone know a way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stolen (https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaudizine%2Ecom%2F forum%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D12077656&share_tid=740861&share_fid=17679&share_type=t&share_pid=12077656)

Deanoc
17-12-2016, 06:18 AM
Gutted for you! Yes they cloned a key via the OBD port. It's the most common way to nick one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazwould
17-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Shame Seb didn't know about an OBD port lock , but would they have broken in for the keys ?

sebgreen
17-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Shame Seb didn't know about an OBD port lock , but would they have broken in for the keys ?

It was not stolen from my house - was outside my cousins.

palmerj
17-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Seb
See my thread 'So you think your A4 is Safe?'
Mine went of my drive no glass no alarm nothing. I did get it back three days later stopped by the boys in blue,they had done 71 miles in it!?
Since then I've been playing ping pong with the insurance repairers with stuff still not right with it. After there latest attempt they have pressure washed the car and lifted the clear coat on the bonnet 😠

sebgreen
17-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Seb
See my thread 'So you think your A4 is Safe?'
Mine went of my drive no glass no alarm nothing. I did get it back three days later stopped by the boys in blue,they had done 71 miles in it!?
Since then I've been playing ping pong with the insurance repairers with stuff still not right with it. After there latest attempt they have pressure washed the car and lifted the clear coat on the bonnet [emoji34]

Yeah police have basically said they are not actively looking for it. Doubtful they will find it.

Don't know if I would want it back if they did.

Hopefully you will get your issues sorted.

palmerj
17-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Yep the police stop was a fluke, the bozos hadn't even but false plates on it, ANPR got them.
I wasn't expecting it back either, had thought it would be in a crate to Nigeria, broken for spares or burnt out in a field.
Fate smiled

sebgreen
17-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Yep the police stop was a fluke, the bozos hadn't even but false plates on it, ANPR got them.
I wasn't expecting it back either, had thought it would be in a crate to Nigeria, broken for spares or burnt out in a field.
Fate smiled

Yeah I suspect mine is bi by stripped for parts.

A family members SQ5 was stolen back on April in the same way.

Crasher
17-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Back to a good old steering wheel lock, cheap insurance - there is scum out there, take care! Mrs Crasher and me were taking a walk in the winter sun today and I saw a little scrotum try and steal a mobility scooter, he looked at me, got off and fled...

sebgreen
22-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Just as an update to this - insurance have valued the car at a fair price. Not sure when the payout will actually happen though...

Already found replacement car. Collecting today.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161222/870235cc9f94b2ae99259922cd0a8392.jpg

DSG
B&O

Boy
22-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear that your insurers have made a reasonable offer.
That new one looks good, but is it an S4? Has it the toys you have been used to?

MarkTM
23-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Back to a good old steering wheel lock, cheap insurance - there is scum out there, take care! Mrs Crasher and me were taking a walk in the winter sun today and I saw a little scrotum try and steal a mobility scooter, he looked at me, got off and fled...

NOT what you'd call a quick getaway:confused:

Have come to the conclusion that it's not worth driving a nice car (even if I could afford it). Luckily where I live has one of the lowest car crime rates in the UK, the reason that my profile pic car was just £109 to insure....next year they may be paying me!

Everyone have a lovely Christmas and hope your nearest/dearest and wheels have a safe time.

sebgreen
23-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear that your insurers have made a reasonable offer.
That new one looks good, but is it an S4? Has it the toys you have been used to?

Yes it's an S4.

I only noticed on the drive home yesterday that it does not have heated seats :( - the advert didn't mention them so it's my own fault for not checking. I assumed all S4s had them. Thats the only thing missing that my old car had.

This new ones has a few extras - DAB radio & B&O. Also 19" peelers - my old car came with them too but got the dealer to swap them for 18s as I didn't like them on a silver car. I like them on black but the ride is firmer. It's also a year newer and don over 15k less miles than the old one.

I'm happy.