PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI Rear electric window problem

dezza
22-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone can help?

Last week I noticed my rear drivers electric window was halfway down, but the button wouldn't work, so I shoved it up by hand. Aha, I though, its come off its runner. Upon taking the door panel, etc off I found that its a rather more complicated issue!

The electric window will go down when the button is pushed but not up! The motor makes all the right noises, however.

Any ideas? Cheers

Ventoro
30-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi, wondering if anyone can help?

Last week I noticed my rear drivers electric window was halfway down, but the button wouldn't work, so I shoved it up by hand. Aha, I though, its come off its runner. Upon taking the door panel, etc off I found that its a rather more complicated issue!

The electric window will go down when the button is pushed but not up! The motor makes all the right noises, however.

Any ideas? Cheers

The electric motors are a common problem with the mk3 vws i have a similar problem, where my motor has stopped working altogether.... you can pick them up from scrap yards....

It could well be the connector at the swith, same way as if a button stops working on your phone....

wills218
06-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah exactly the same has happened to the rear left window of my golf, it makes all the right noises, but the window dosent go up, havent fixed it as of yet, anyone got any ideas?
will