PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Clarity

spellsinger
04-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Some time in the last month or so, Goggle Earth on maximum zoom has been blurred (Torquay area). My data connection is good and if I use my home PC and zoom-in its image is as sharp as always. The Google images in question haven't been updated since 2011, so nothing has changed since getting the car. Puzzled to say the least.

M1tchy
04-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Mine does this in new areas but only for a few seconds or until it has a better signal and all the data loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spellsinger
05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Mine does this in new areas but only for a few seconds or until it has a better signal and all the data loads.

Yes, that's what I thought, but it is definitely loading. I hope it will sort itself - we drove to Heathrow and back a couple of weeks ago, but as it was dark both ways I had "Earth" switched off and didn't check.

M1tchy
05-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Maybe try an MMI reset? SIM card in and out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spellsinger
07-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Maybe try an MMI reset? SIM card in and out?...

Tried - no success...

spellsinger
13-12-2016, 12:52 AM
Well tried again today and everything worked - I wonder if it is because the car hadn't been used for 5 days, or just a coincidence?
Anyway, I won't be using a data SIM for the future as Three have a plan for my mobile. Compared with my current phone-plan for an extra £4.00 a month I get an extra 3GB data a month and am permitted to tether - this is much cheaper than the SIM-Data-only plugged straight to then car. (also the plan comes with three months free during the first year).

noscream
12-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Well tried again today and everything worked - I wonder if it is because the car hadn't been used for 5 days, or just a coincidence?
Anyway, I won't be using a data SIM for the future as Three have a plan for my mobile. Compared with my current phone-plan for an extra £4.00 a month I get an extra 3GB data a month and am permitted to tether - this is much cheaper than the SIM-Data-only plugged straight to then car. (also the plan comes with three months free during the first year).

Just for future reference:

I have MMI + with audi connect in my A6 and have had the same issue 3 times in 2 years.

1. First time was the DATA SIM had simply run out of DATA...

2. Was an overloaded cell connection in the area I was in, ie. tower overloaded,
DATA throttling by provider, I spoke with THREE that day.

3. Was my HDD CACHE had eaten up all spare HARD DISK SPACE (98% full) and the system was playing, delete & store with new DATA. basically not able to write the new images.

I solved problem 3 via the GREEN ENG. MENU and cleared the CACHE GEMMI. in the /googleearth sub menu
This freed up 80%, amazing the crap the system stores from google maps.

I hopefully will be in the A4 club soon...