PDA

View Full Version : alhambra 115pd missfire

clyde ferguson
21-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Can anyone help with 2001 1.9pd diesel missfire when cold has fault codes saying present fault located at no.1 injector but all reading explains thad pd fuel systems bomb proof dont want to go to the expense of changing injector if problem lies elsewhwre .p.s missfire goes after 15 mins of running

tdi miki
22-10-2007, 01:52 PM
The PD engines are known for missfire problem.The most common problem is the wiring for activation of the injectos.It is located under the valve cover.to fix the problem take off the valve cover and disconect conector off the injector that has a fault code.Then open the conector and pull out the wires out (note the order of the wires so that you dont mix them up when returnig them) ant tighten the contacts.Place them back,erase the fault code and see if the code returns under the same conditions. It is a small chance that it will but if it does than change comlete wiring harness.Allso take a look if the injectors are working within the parameters.That is if you have VAG-COM. Go to 01-engine than 08-measured value blocks and then group 013.Hope this helps :D

clyde ferguson
22-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the input will be looking at the fault in detail tomorrow evening and will post the findings shortly do not have vag com but can look at raw block data through a sykes code reader dont have any info on pages any one help with block i should be looking at for injector parmeters?

salmonpole
19-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi,

Did you have any luck on the advice given? How much technical expertise is/was needed to complete it? I am suffereing what sounds like the same. I have been told by a garage "you'll need a new injector kid!" but I think it's an electrical problem. Having said that I have very little expertise/tools etc. Is this something I could tackle at home? Just trying to save myself £500!

All advice welcome.

P.S. Sorry to clyde for hijacking the thread but am getting desperate!

clyde ferguson
20-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Yes the advice given was spot on.On removing the rocker cover it became apparent that the problem lies at the wiring harness going to each injector my problem wire connector was no 1 injector and the soloution for me lucky enough was to remove the connector from the injector squeeze the wires terminals together with a small screwdiver and push the connector home back into the injector.I also took some time cleaning around the connector as there where particles of carbon floating around.The hole job took me about 45mins and will suggest that that a quater drive socket set with a uj is needed to get the rear rocker bolts out due to lack of space in front of the inlet manifold.will also recommend that if the problem lies at the wiring harness that it should be replaced as i will in the near future .Apart from that if you have access to vag com or a suitable code reader that it should give you a idea of which injector is at fault this way that you can check injector wires when rocker removed to test for looseness of the connector before removal if only to satisfy yuor mind as it is unusal to find such a fault with out having to tear half the car apart to find a fault

salmonpole
22-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Clyde,

Thanks for the reply.
Sounds easy enough.
I know that my injector 4 is faulty (I had a garage do a diagnostic)

Will update once I've got my hands dirty.

Thanks again.

salmonpole
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi,
Just an update.
Ended up having to pay someone but they replaced the injector wiring harness and the car goes just like it should now!
Thanks again for your help.

While I'm here, are these "chips" you can get to increase performance, fuel consumption etc. any good? I've see them on eBay for about £20.

Any comments anyone?

Thanks