PDA

View Full Version : Touareg very bad cold start

John 669
03-12-2016, 04:53 PM
2.5tdi 55 plate

Hi Peeps, only had the car from last Sunday 27th Nov, have waited this long to ask the question why does it take so long on Cold Start? once started it will go all day. I have to stop it cranking and set the whole process off again.

Started by changing the front Brake hoses and front pads. Then moved onto the yucky stuff.

Today my Son and myself went through the car complete service with all fluids and filters changed, my Son found an in line non return valve before the fuel filter so obviously this problem has been round some time, I am a Marine Engineer BUT I know little about electronic running of a Diesel, my Son has convinced me to get it plugged in to see if their are any codes being held, this I can get done monday, as it cranks there is not one sign of the engine trying to fire, then it starts as if you had just turned the key for the first time??

Any Ideas please??

Daddy'sgarage
01-10-2019, 12:45 AM
When service been done ,did you prime filter by Vcds or other scanner? Cold bad start it's related to injectors, hot to CPS.

John 669
01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Blimey its only taken 2.5 years to get a reply LOL it was the injector seals, filled the sump with Diesel, car is sold now regrettably. as for priming, it primes as per any other diesel? apart from the real old stuff

c4a5er
01-10-2019, 12:04 PM
[emoji846]