PDA

View Full Version : S3 and RS3 owners in London/South East

Blowsy
02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi guys,

New member here but an active *cough* BMW * cough* forum member.

I have recently started a YouTube channel having taken delivery of a new BMW M140i. My plan for the channel is to run a series of comparisons between the major performance hatchbacks from Audi, BMW, Ford, VW, Mercedes etc. The difference, however, is that I want the comparisons to be made by existing owners. We all have tough decisions to make when we buy a car and I think it would be interesting to see whether 3, 6, 12 months on our feelings change. In my experience, when you test drive a car at a dealership you very rarely have the chance to jump straight in to an alternative model for an immediate, direct comparison and you never have enough time to really feel at home in a car. Once you've owned it for a while and 'become one' with it I believe that you're in a far better position to compare it to its peers. That is what I'd like to try and capture.

Soooo what I'd like to do is film a series of "Owner Swap" videos in the new year whereby I let owners of S3/RS3/Golf R/Focus RS/E45s etc. drive my car (...sensibly and with me in the passenger seat, of course) and give their immediate feedback to camera. The plan would be to then swap and do the reverse. This is subject to trusting each other and insurance etc.

I'm based in South-West London and I'm looking for any S3/RS3 owners out there that are interested in driving an M140i and, in principle, are happy to let me drive their car. I'd propose a coffee/beer chat ahead of a potential meet/film in the new year.

Anyone keen?