PDA

View Full Version : Question Inlet manifold cleaning guide

qalaray
29-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Passat b5.5, 130 sports tdi, AVF engine, 230,000 miles
Hi all, I am planning to get inlet manifold cleaned. I have egr cleaned the other day and found the inlet manifold coked up. As the line come from intercooler, is it worth cleaning intercooler? I see lots of oil in this line. Any write up on this particular engine as on many sites it's different engine presented and a guide would be very helpful.
Does exhaust manifold coke up as well? I am thinking to get this job done in one go. My turbo shows overboost code and I treat this every time with mr muscle and it's pulls very well. Is this linked to intake manifold or should be cleaned manually depending upon the mileage car has done? Sorry for so many questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qalaray
17-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Hello again. Intake manifold cleaned and car responds lot better. Does exhaust manifold need cleaning as well. The engine sounds loud in first two gears. Any idea if cat is blocked?

zollaf
17-12-2016, 06:03 PM
only the intake will block up, but cat might be blocked and yes its worth cleaning the intercooler out. a soak in petrol should do it. the egr causes the inlet to coke up, so you could blank the egr off and get a de cat pipe.

qalaray
17-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks Zollaf. Do I need to remove bumper to get the intercooler? How to clean cat? Petrol/ mr muscle?