PDA

View Full Version : Dealer MMI Software Updates??

ChuckMountain
20-11-2016, 04:29 PM
So my FL 2016 BiTurbo is booked in for a squeaky driver seat looking at and I got the confirmation call from the garage. They said they would need approx 2 hours due to the software upgrade being done at the same time.

Whilst I have no issues with this just wondered what the changes are? The dealer just said it was an update but didn't really have any further details.

Current MMI software version looking at car MHI2_ER_AUG11_P0034. Presume its not Aug 2011 as the car is from 2016 ...

Any ideas? Would it enable car play etc?

Lazyoaf
20-11-2016, 08:59 PM
my software is MH12_ER_AU57x_P3236 which is from May 2016. But as you have a BiTurbo Im not sure its comparable.

all I can tell you is that it will have come up on their systems as needing an update, or they wont do it.

B5NUT
21-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Makes no difference on engine size or gearbox etc the MMI system is independent of that. P0034 is old, cars built around January of this year had that version.

Are you sure it's the MMI that is being updated, there are lots of "Software" updates available, could be the gearbox or engine ecu's etc.

Even if it was for the MMI it would not enable carpaly as that requires a MMI software license, which is linked to your vin number and at present there is no carplay retrofit available.