PDA

View Full Version : Mood light retro fit

Dazzer_A6
16-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Hi people new here so hi,
We have just picked up a 10 month old A6 s line black edition in black, and i must say its a fantastic car as we did not spec it from new i would like to know what is needed to add the mood lighting pack i have done hours of searching but cant find any thing conclusive, its got the standard lighting ie normal bulbs in over head lights, glove box,puddle lights and boot which is crazy as all the other lights are led even the foot well lights are led.
Getting the led lighting from audi is the simple bit but im not sure if i need new door modules or if the ones already fitted have the terminals and the leds just plug in ready for re coding, also where is the the centre console module to plug the lighting into.

Alot of questions sorry but the audi dealer was clueless and just said your looking at 2-3k to retrofit it:bigeyes2: lol

Anyway any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks darren

peter.metcalf72
16-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Are you wanting just leds or are you wanting to dim them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzer_A6
16-11-2016, 10:03 PM
I would like to keep it as oem as possible, why what was you thinking.

peter.metcalf72
16-11-2016, 10:16 PM
I changed all my interior bulbs to led from halogen bought as a package from eBay, interior, glove box, boot etc made a massive difference cost if I remember about £15

Dazzer_A6
17-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I was looking at them which I'm going to order thanks, but I was thinking more of the lights in the door cards and around the centre console.

peter.metcalf72
17-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Arrr I see

peter.metcalf72
17-11-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd be interested to see the door cards when there done might fancy a bit of that

iceman4386
17-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Hi Dazzer
If im not mistaken, i take it that you are referring to changing the old 'yellow' halogen bulbs to the 'whiter' LED type. i did this last weekend after buying the LEDs of eBay and following a thread on this forum, so easy to do. Took all but 30 - 45 mins to do all that you have mentioned above. What i do suggest is investing in a trim removal set, cost about £4 from eBay too, the orange set. Made the job a whole lot easier and without any damage. Definitely well worth the effort and total cost under £20

Dazzer_A6
17-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Hi iceman I've ordered them thanks but I'm referring to the light pack which adds led lighting along the door cards and around the centre console and I think lights in the door storage compartment, it can't be a popular option as not many people have seen it, I sat in a A6 at the dealers that had it and it looked really nice at night

pany
18-11-2016, 12:23 AM
It sounds like you're after the LED ambient light pack retrofit. It gives a great ambience, but given the door card and centre console lighting strips guess it would be a nightmare to retrofit.

Dazzer_A6
18-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Yep that's it, I have found two companies, em tuning and audi retrofits that will do it looks like they have done a few just need to get a price, if I was two do it myself I think the hardest bit is getting the door cards off and the trim around the console then it looks like everything is straight forward to fit , just don't know if I can bring myself to start ripping apart my new car lol.

rizo9
13-12-2016, 11:11 PM
I retro fitted the led lights to the door and wired in the red door lights too. It's not too bad to do.

Whilst at it you should do the led handle puddle lights.

I reckon in parts it was about £200 if not more. But it does look ace.

Where are you from as it will need coding?

Splash
14-12-2016, 06:13 PM
A leftfield solution is GTLS: Tritium illumination - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination) :)

ukgroucho
14-12-2016, 07:25 PM
A leftfield solution is GTLS: Tritium illumination - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination) :)

And not only does your car glow in the dark but so do you :)