PDA

View Full Version : Passat Estate GTE Advance

Shakeitallabout
14-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Hi all, I ordered a Passat Estate GTE Advance today as a company car. I went fairly "basic" with the options just going for the base paint, black roof lining and power boot. I've come from a long line of BMWs, most recently a 520d M Sport saloon which was a beauty of a car but maintance costs were high, even with a serving pack. She sat on 19" alloys which replacement run flats at £250 a corner. With a growing family I decided to move away from the costly BMW and towards a more family friendly & tax friendly Passat GTE. With a feature packed car at over £42k list, at 40% tax I'll be paying approx £100 a month in tax, less with my companies green car incentives, which feels like a absolute steal given I'll not have to worry about maintance/tyre/insurance costs ever again :)

The fleet company has advised that delivery times are approx 14 weeks, however after scanning various forums I've learnt that often the dealers are wrong and cars can be delayed. Please can you anyone reading this, preferably with a GTE let me know how long they waited?

There is no real urgency to rush, however the most tax friendly pool car I could get is a 1 series which with the dog, baby, wife and stuff is very tight when going anywhere.

TIA, Mark.

toast661
02-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Wrong post...

bensonMF
10-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Hi Mark,

I've ordered the same too as a company car, how many weeks did it take in the end? My order was put through on 6th March with an approx. delivery date end of May , so about 13 weeks.

thanks,

Ben.