PDA

View Full Version : Trip computer and fuel consumption computer

fthom3
13-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Hi my trip computer and fuel consumption short and long term memory. Resets itself to zero without any driver input.
anyone else come across this?

xtremist
14-11-2016, 11:47 AM
The short term trip resets itself after every journey, however, there is a slight time period (an hour or so) where the data 'stays live', so it would continue to collate data over multiple journeys.

The long term memory resets itself after approx 6000 miles, when you press the Zero button or when it goes in for a service.

Hope this helps

fthom3
14-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.
I know how the system operates. It is the trip counter which has a fault and the consumption memory seems to be part of this.
the trip counter next to the milage counter resets on its own. This should not reset with driver input. It has reset twice in the last 300 miles to zero.
The memory for fuel consumption short and long term reset at same time? This should not happen as they both have their own reset which can be reset independent of each other and independent to the milage trip.
car has only done 3500 miles so if the long term does reset after 6000 miles it has not reached this yet.
I don't believe the computer should reset on its own as this would defeat the purpose for what is designed for.

xtremist
14-11-2016, 04:37 PM
It may be worth searching through the MMI to ensure there isn't a setting hidden away in there somewhere, otherwise, I would take to a dealer and let them resolve the issue.

Paintstripper
14-11-2016, 07:25 PM
My long term memory is at about 12500 miles and still counting, so they don't reset at 6000

PhilRN73
16-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Funnily enough, yes me. Happened 3 times in the last month. Have you had the recent software update, mine was built Feb and has done 13000 miles now. The first 10000 miles on trip 2 passed without fault! Strange, rang the dealer but they said it needs to go in for diagnostics but can't be fussed at present as not the end of the world.

fthom3
06-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Got a software update last week and since then has been ok. Only change I can see is every time I switch the ignition on the display shows next "inspection / service due ????? Miles"?

Cguilhim
24-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Curious.
To me it happens the same. My audi a4 2016 Trip computer and long term memory resets itself to zero , with a noise, " ra-ta-ta", exactly after 20 minutes, when I have my car stopped, but not locked. If I open and close the door it starts counting again from Zero to twenty.
They updated the software for the third time, the last 6 mouths, but didn't solved it.

firebelly
25-01-2017, 01:08 PM
I too had this issue until recently. After the local Audi could not find or resolve the issue I contacted Audi UK Customer Care. They are aware of the issue and sent the relevant TPI to the dealership. They retested, found the faults and updated the software to the dashboard.