PDA

View Full Version : Question Cruise Control cutting out and Clutch slip on Reversing?

Max-Power
12-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Anyone had issues with the Cruise Control on their A3 cut out randomly when it's on? Mine can happen 2-4 times on journeys of 1.5hrs, sometimes never on longer ones. Driving along at 70, and it just turns off... so i have to resume it. Wondering whether to complain at Audi or not.

Also, as it's an S-Tronic, sometimes when reversing, only on Hills I've noticed when reversing up them, the clutch can sometimes slip! If I wait a few seconds after sticking it in reverse, it doesn't happen.... well so far anyway.

I've got 17 days of warranty left, so is this a common problem, or something I should tell them about?

wibblyw
14-11-2016, 04:06 PM
As a general policy, I would ALWAYS notify a dealer of ANY potential problem you've noticed whilst still under warranty. Even if they find nothing, it will/should be recorded as a 'no fault found'. If it then fails out of warranty, you can then say "I told you so and you chose to do nothing about it!". It might help a warranty claim later...