PDA

View Full Version : Tyre advice

andybanksuk
12-11-2016, 04:53 PM
After a quick bit of advice please. Have picked up a puncture today that can't be repaired.

The remaining tyres are only 2 months the old.

With 4 wheel drive, do I need to replace all the tyres up or can I just replace the one?

Also if I can just replace the one, do I need to match the original PZeros or can I get away with something not quite as pricey?

I normally don't cut corners with tyres, but as we've spent thousands in the last 4 weeks due to my wife's car getting stolen I need to save a few quid.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

St3veM
12-11-2016, 04:59 PM
I believe the rule is to replace all four with it being 4x4 but if you replace the same axle you should be ok BUT it's all down to what you're happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT.
12-11-2016, 05:01 PM
With 4 wheel drive, do I need to replace all the tyres up or can I just replace the one?

As the tyres are only two months old, you should definitely replace the broken one only. More of it, you have to replace that one with the very same tyre.

I suggest you to purchase the very same tyre to avoid driving, stability, steering, and turning problems. IMHO, do not mix the tyres as 3:1, as the very minimum is the 2:2 setup, but IMHO it will cost you more to purchase two from the cheaper ones, then to purchase the exactly same tyre.

rowdy-999
12-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Seems like common sense to replace one tyre, replacing like for like.
If you do decide to replace all 4 I'll have the 3 perfectly good ones :D

Johnny31
12-11-2016, 05:09 PM
As the tyres are only two months old, you should definitely replace the broken one only. More of it, you have to replace that one with the very same tyre.

I suggest you to purchase the very same tyre to avoid driving, stability, steering, and turning problems. IMHO, do not mix the tyres as 3:1, as the very minimum is the 2:2 setup, but IMHO it will cost you more to purchase two from the cheaper ones, then to purchase the exactly same tyre.
What he said!
You'll find some good deals on Oponeo but check Asda tyres as well as for some reason they have P0 in AO spec for silly money...

Sent from my phone...

andybanksuk
12-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone. Kwik Fit offered a P0 fitted today for £280!

Oponeo are from £160, so I left it until I could get some advice here.

andybanksuk
13-11-2016, 01:33 AM
It also looks like audi will price match anywhere so I'll probably just sort it with my main dealer on Monday.

Nigelo
14-11-2016, 12:28 AM
The age of other tyres is irrelevant (provided within their life cycle) as only the difference in average wear between front and rear axles matters to protect the centre diff. My RS6 has a max of 2mm e.g. if the front tread depths are 4mm and 6mm (average 5mm) the rear average must be between 3mm and 7mm. This is particularly relevant when running a full size spare after a puncture and obviously you would not want too much difference side to side

hope this helps