PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi S4 Avant 2011 (61) Rev needle Flickers

jc15
10-11-2016, 11:11 AM
whilst the car is running the rev needle illumination flickers intermittently, Audi cannot seem to find the fault has anyone seen this occur before?

Gunnark100
10-11-2016, 11:34 AM
whilst the car is running the rev needle illumination flickers intermittently, Audi cannot seem to find the fault has anyone seen this occur before?

Just to confirm, it flickers intermittently all the time regardless are you using only drl or low beam?

Audi dealer did what, just diagnose with VAS tool ?

jc15
10-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Hi thank you for the reply, lights always on drl/in Auto beam ive not tried selecting different light settings - i am not sure what Audi did to diagnose but will find out

Gunnark100
10-11-2016, 12:09 PM
i am not sure what Audi did to diagnose but will find out

No need, they probably did not dismantle cluster anyway.

Behind rev needle, there is 3 leds each has own resistor. We dont know flickers one or all 3. Its not hard to dismantle cluster and any computer or "home-electronic" repair are able to replace those, parts cost is nothing. My guess is some led or resistor is failing or cold-soldering point. Put if somebody already will go in, its safe to replace all, after this is done, you can safely connect only circutboard and test if flickering is gone or it flickers only one or all.

jc15
10-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Thank you :)