PDA

View Full Version : 2009 A3 intermittent central locking/ key fob issue

littlegreen
10-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Hi guys,

I recently got a 2009 Audi and it's my first car with central locking, I preface my thread with that in case there's something really daft that I may be missing!

So, I press the unlock button, the car makes noises as if it's unlocking but doesn't actually fully unlock. Well- it does, occasionally! So this is an intermittent problem but it only successfully unlocks 1 in every 30 times. The dealer said something about a safety lock (or something like that) when I couldn't unlock the boot at the dealership but it worked when he tried it so I didn't think anything else of it. I still have a couple of months warranty left but I wanted to double check first, am I doing anything wrong or is there a quick fix?

Edited to add that it locks everytime, no problem, from the fob.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Sarah

bertb
10-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Go into settings and set to unlock all doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlegreen
10-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Hi thanks for your reply. What settings are you talking about?

Also, I've seen threads where the fob is only unlocking one door or unlocking all but one door; that isn't the case with mine. It just refuses to unlock all of them.

bertb
10-11-2016, 12:03 PM
The settings are on your right side stork the one you use for the windscreen wipers, the is a button under the stork , press that and use the button at the end of the stork to go up or down , it's worth a try

littlegreen
10-11-2016, 07:54 PM

I can't find what you're directing me to, can you see it in this photo?

bertb
10-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Sorry yours must be different than mine , is there not a button that changes the screen on your screen behind the steering wheel