PDA

View Full Version : Tyre rating

bmwdumptruck
08-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Trying to find out if a 2.0tdi EOS should be on Extra Load/Reinforced tyres or Std tyres? My nieces one has come on mixed tyres 215-55 fronts and 225-55 rears, but I'm sure the previous lady owner was just sold whatever her local garage had on the shelf, being told they were good midrange tyres. In truth they're the cheapest tyres you can buy in both cases.

But they're also both XL versions, the same as I have to fit on my Sharan. I know the EOS is pretty heavy, but surely it's not any where near the potential all up weight of a Sharan?

Ive read on here how the rears can wear out pretty quick on the inner edges, so I'll make sure we keep an eye on those. Hopefully my niece will save towards decent tyres, hence I'm looking to give her an idea of what she'll need to save.

Teflon
23-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Don't know what year your car is. The 2007 price list says 215/55 R16 all round. The Sport model is 235/45 R17. Check inside the fuel cap for what the options were on your model. Whatever it says, having mixed size front & rear is wrong on the Eos.

I'd offer to go out and look at the wife's to check the speed and load ratings, but hers is a petrol Sport, so the comparison would be meaningless. The bottom line is that you don't lose anything for being on extra load, other than a couple of quid when buying.