PDA

View Full Version : Passat r-line carbon style full leather seats (nappa)

raulk89
04-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Hi

Planning to buy b8. I as wondering is the r-line full leather seats a way to go (carbon style sides and nappa leather the base). Worrying little bit that my back and rear are starting so sweat..
So I was wondering should I go with the higline seats (alcantara/vienna style) instead..

And also what is the difference between r-line sports seats vs higline seats..?
(what makes r-line seats as a sport seats, is it little bit harder to sit on than higline seats or what..?)

Raul

MattB247
05-11-2016, 10:04 PM
There's upper and lower back comfort adjustment on the R Line standard seats, as well as adjustable thigh booster, tilt, rake and height. They're reasonably firm but still comfortable with excellent side support. They're a bit hard when you first try them but 8000 miles later they're great.

I think the VW price for leather is horrendous, especially as the R seats are half leather anyway so why does the move to full cost something like £1700???

raulk89
06-11-2016, 09:39 AM
So R-line seats are half leather..? That's news to me. Which part of the seat is not genuine leather then..?

But what about highline seats (alcantara/vienna), is these genuine leather..?

MattB247
06-11-2016, 01:53 PM
The standard seats are described as leather/cloth on the VW site, it's hard to see from a lot of photos but if you look at the interior shot of this example 2016 (16) - Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI R Line (150 PS) DSG Auto 5-Door (http://www.motors.co.uk/car-43499425/0/spf) the light grey seat squab and back are grey cloth. It annoys the hell out of me that if the seats are half leather already then why charge £1690 for full leather?

The GT comes with leather/alcantara seats - the seat bolsters/sides, headrest etc are Vienna leather but the seat base and back are alcantara. Alcantara is about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane which is a suede look-alike.

raulk89
06-11-2016, 03:22 PM
What can you say about alcantara/vienna seats..? (good/bad, I assume, alcantara could have difficulties cleaning it)

In our country, r-line comes only in full leather, checked it out, but thank's for poiting that out.

Pointing to this, when comparing r-line leather seats to alcantara/vienna, how much harder/firm would the r-line seats be in your opinion, before 8000 miles and after 800 miles (percentage maybe, according to your opinion)..?
There's upper and lower back comfort adjustment on the R Line standard seats, as well as adjustable thigh booster, tilt, rake and height. They're reasonably firm but still comfortable with excellent side support. They're a bit hard when you first try them but 8000 miles later they're great.

All in all, still would like to go with r-line interior & exterior.

MattB247
06-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I agree, I'd like the leather seats too - no idea how the comfort compares but I'd say they'd be just as good if not better than the leather/cloth setup. Alcantara looks nice but if you drop or spill anything on it it's not as easy to clean as leather.