PDA

View Full Version : A3 3.2 DSG Servicing.

euroslap
30-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi guys, it's been a long while since I've been on here so hello again. As the title suggests, I'd like recommendations on where to take my new toy and how much I should expect to pay for:-

Full service inc. aux belt and tensioner, DSG service, Haldex service and brake fluid change.

Ideally in the Brownhills (Walsall) area but Birmingham will be fine too. I've used Central in the past for my S3 but have heard and read nothing but bad about them lately, I understand there'll always be whingers but there doesn't seem to be any good press to outweigh there opinion. If anybody could help, I'd appreciate it, cheers.

rowdy-999
30-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Midlands VW

euroslap
30-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, I had an engine swapped by them in my Mk2 8V many, many moons ago but they we're a small venture back then (a little bit back street). Have you had much work done by them and are they reasonable (price wise) nowadays?

rowdy-999
30-10-2016, 05:06 PM
They're a bigger concern now. Not had work done, but know guys that have with no issues.

Crasher
30-10-2016, 11:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with back street. Frank Whittle built his first jet engine in the back streets of Lutterworth and look at what the world has done with his invention....

euroslap
30-10-2016, 11:59 PM
I just want my new pride and joy looked after and 100% confidence in the works carried out. I'd have happily returned to Central again, work shop's beautiful but some of the things I've been reading have changed my mind (not going to slate them online on somebody else's personal experience) but as I say just want confidence and a stamp in the book.

Expensive car's to put right unfortunately and small amounts of negligence missing things that a more conscientious tech would spot can cost you an arm and a leg a while down the road when they develop and it generally ends up with you footing the bill.