PDA

View Full Version : I've collected it and have a question

forge197
20-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I now have my B6 estate got a question or more thoughts.

When you put the rear seats down do you
a) put them down on top of the rear bench
b) put them down having moved the rear bench

Can anyone think of a longterm issue with a) or b) for that matter

I need to put my seats down every week to get the bikes in and it's a bit of a faff to keep removing the headrests and leaving them out makes it look bare.

If that's all i too worry about so far then that's a result oh and I need some kind of load lip protector

Slimbarry
20-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I now have my B6 estate got a question or more thoughts.

When you put the rear seats down do you
a) put them down on top of the rear bench
b) put them down having moved the rear bench

Can anyone think of a longterm issue with a) or b) for that matter

I need to put my seats down every week to get the bikes in and it's a bit of a faff to keep removing the headrests and leaving them out makes it look bare.

If that's all i too worry about so far then that's a result oh and I need some kind of load lip protector

In answer to your first question I always do b) because you get a flat load space. The head rests are a pain although you do have somewhere to put them when you do b).

As for the lip protector there are some for sale on German ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280162193963&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

I'm going to buy one for myself. I know they are cheap but I might see if they will do a bulk discount if anyone else is interested....

forge197
20-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks

I've ordered a bumper bib so I don't damage the bumper and also a Carbox long low boot liner so that should sort all that out and keep it all looking nice. Bumber bib is due next week and the Carbox the following week

http://www.bumperbib.co.uk/

Paint seems to chip easily though or I am noticing all it's little marks.

GilesC
21-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I have the 2.0TDi saloon (Oct 06) and note that in the handbook only the seat backs fold.

:1zhelp:Is it possible to have lift the bench seat out to get the load area a bit flatter? This would really help with trips to the dump.

If it is possible to lift the bench seat - where do I tug first?

Thank you

Giles

forge197
21-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Have a look at the rear bench there maybe a tag to pull, at least that's what there is on the estate

Quatrelle
21-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I have the 2.0TDi saloon (Oct 06) and note that in the handbook only the seat backs fold.

:1zhelp:Is it possible to have lift the bench seat out to get the load area a bit flatter? This would really help with trips to the dump.

If it is possible to lift the bench seat - where do I tug first?

Thank you

GilesI asked the same question some time ago - have a look here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=10857
I have to say I wanted it out for a different reason, and didn't try folding the back down afterwards to see if it went flat.

GilesC
21-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Fantastic & completely sorted.

Thanks hugely.

Giles

claranet
27-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I wondered the same thing as the back goes flat with or without the squab folding forwards.

By the way to get the squab(the bit you sit on) to fold, you'll find a fabric loop at the leading lower front edge of the squab that you simply pull upwards and the squab will pop up.

I find there are a few anomolies in the handbook: eg the menu on my new B6 Sport 170 DPF estate, has a setting for switching the lane change indicator - the one that gives three flashes when the stalk is half pressed; this feature is the Comfort Indicator. I am glad to see that this can be turned off; Our old Focus had this feature and it could not be turned off - highly irritating !

claranet

claranet
28-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't leave the headrests out as it could have serious safety implications if, god forbid, you are involved in an accident.

claranet

Quatrelle
28-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I am glad to see that this can be turned off; Our old Focus had this feature and it could not be turned off - highly irritating !

claranet'You can't please all the people,' etc., so it's good it's an option. I use mine all the time, especially at roundabouts.

forge197
29-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Seems bench up or down marks the seats if down for a period of time and a fair weight in the boot, not sure if long term yet Carrying two mountainbikes seems to leave marks as the seatbelt connector pushes into the seatback. I will and have left the headrest in place as I appreciate the safety aspect.